Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #81

A Year of Gratitude #81: Our Zoo Atlanta Membership

Roman, Ryan, Gus, and Aubree

This past Wednesday, Gus and I headed to Zoo Atlanta with some friends from our playgroup. We picked up Kathryn and Aubree and met Christy and her boys, Roman, and Ryan at the zoo. The kids had a wonderful time together and I had a blast walking around the zoo with some friends.

The weather could not have been more perfect. It wasn't too cold, and wasn't too hot, and there was a slight breeze and no rain. It was awesome.

Steve's dad and Sue Ann gave us a zoo membership for Christmas and this was the first time that we've been able to make to to the zoo since receiving our gift. The good thing about them giving us a gift card is that we cashed it in on Wednesday and I believe (I could be wrong), that our year started on Wednesday... when we cashed it in, and not back in December when it was purchased for us.

Anyway, I'm so grateful for this membership. It's a companion membership, so two adults get in free and children under three are also free. I was able to take Kathryn and Aubree and save them $20+! I love that the parking is free at the zoo... it's really nice.

I hope that Steve is able to come to the zoo with us at some point... we'll need to go during the weekend, since he's always working during the week. Maybe this fall we can go as a family. I'm certain that Gus would absolutely LOVE spending the day with mama and daddy at the zoo.  :-)

Here are some cute pictures from our trip to the zoo:
Gus and Ryan checking out the panda

Gus checking out the baby panda

Gus and Roman being monkeys 

Gus and Aubree reading the sign

Gus pulling Aubree in the wagon

Giraffes!!

Lion King Gus
 
The kiddos

So strong!

The kids and the gorilla statue

Mr. Personality
 
Ryan and Gus having snacks
Gustafer
Aubree

Aubree

Gus and Aubree

The kids and the Kimono Dragon

Gus was not happy on the train!  :-(

Drinking my drink

Ryan
 
 I'm also thankful that we have friends here. I know I've said it again and again, but I am REALLY thankful that we have friends. I would be miserable if I still had not met anyone and was sitting at home every day with no playdates and no friends for Gus to play with.  :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment