Friday, April 27, 2012

My First 5K...

Okay... I just got an email from Pilar asking me to take a look at a link that she sent me for a 5K here in Johns Creek. It's September 15. She asked if I wanted to do it and set that date as my goal to be able to run my first 5K.

I'm all a flutter inside. Will I be ready for a 5K by September??? I looked at my calendar and it's like 20 weeks away. That means my 9 week Couch 2 5K program that's set for three days a week for nine weeks... would give me extra time to keep working up to the 5K. 

I told her I'm in. I'll set that as my goal. 

Holy S#*t!!!

I hope Steve and Gus will come and cheer me on! I pray that I am able to prepare myself for running a 5K, but it's good to know that even if I can't run the whole thing, I can walk if needed. I just need to focus on each day and stay strong. 

On Monday we're starting the Couch 2 5K program. It's 30 minutes. Starts with a 5 minute warm-up and then you run for a minute and walk for 1.5 and keep going back and forth for 20 minutes. We'll see. I don't know if I can run for a minute. Seriously. 

I'm going to enjoy this last weekend of my former non-running self... because Monday starts the real training. No turning back now!! 

I have been doing really well with keeping track of EVERYTHING I eat and I haven't gone over on calories at all. I weigh in on Sunday. I'll be sure to post if I lost. I hope I did. Even if it's just a pound!!

2 comments:

MommySquared said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Enjoy! I've been training/walking for a 5k this year ... my first is on 5/6 ... Lots of Luck!

Cat's Litterbox said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@MommySquared Sending YOU lots of luck on your 5k next weekend!!!!

Post a Comment