Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #116

A Year of Gratitude #116: Staying on Track

I am so very proud of myself to staying on track with my walking and eating better. I've been using the app Lose It for keeping a food journal. I love this app because, not only is it free, but it has a built in scanner that lets me scan a barcode for nutritional information. Just like that, I add my food and I can select the amount and it's done.

I am also grateful for the support of friends and family. My mom told me how proud of me that she is, and it means a lot. I feel like I've been on the road to losing weight off and on so many times... and each time she tells me how proud of me she is. I feel like this time is different for some reason. 

It's different because this time, I feel like there's no other option. I simply cannot stay this way and something has to give. It's not fair to me and it's not fair to Gus and Steve. I want to be an active mom for Gus. I want to be able to do fun things with him as he's getting older, and I don't want to be embarassed of my weight, or be unable to participate. 

I have three big things that I'm doing this for. 1) I want to run the Color Run 5K in 2013. 2) I want to be able to take Gus to Disney in a few years and ride everything and walk around and not be exhausted because of carrying extra weight. 3) I want to lose weight so I can see if we can get pregnant. If my weight is what's holding us back... I want to know. If I truly am infertile... okay. But if I'm not, and it's just due to excess weight... I want to lose weight so we can have a baby.

We want to expand our family and as much as I'm 100% open to adoption, it IS expensive. It's RIDICULOUSLY expensive. If we are not able to conceive, we will adopt again. But why not and see if losing weight helps? There's no time like the present.

Lastly, I'm grateful that God has put particular people into my life. I've always been a firm believer that there's a reason for everything... and I think us moving here is the best thing that could have ever happened to us (we just need to sell the house in NC!!!). 

Tomorrow, Gus and I are going to Tanglewood Farm... it's the home of lots of miniature animals (horses, donkeys, cows, pigs, dogs, goats, and sheep). I'm super excited to go. We're going over to Kathryn's to pick her and Aubree up and then we're going to the farm together. 

I got an email from Pilar asking if I wanted to go walking with her before the farm. She's not going to the farm, but asked if I wanted to walk. It's like God sent her into my life to help me with this colossal task. I quickly agreed and we're going to meet at 9... walk for 45 minutes or so, and then I'm going to get Kathryn at 10. 

I hope I don't smell too awful when I pick up Kathryn. It's a good thing we're going to a farm... I can blend in with the animal smell.  :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment