Monday, April 02, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #93

A Year of Gratitude #93: My Netbook

My dad gives me a hard time about asking for a new computer... but if he spent a week with me, he'd see the extreme frustration that my stupid POS desktop causes me.

My desktop has died yet again. I don't know if it can be saved this time. I was working on it last night, and it suddenly froze and then when I restarted, I got the blue screen of death. It said that I was missing critical parts or something to the effect. Like last week when my iTunes was missing critical parts and no long could be installed... now my system has picked another thing to shut down.

I tried using it this morning before heading to Kathryn's to plan our MOMS Club activities for May and it wasn't loading. When I got home and put Gus down for a nap at 2:00, it was back to working.

So I started moving things from my D Drive that I didn't want to lose, and copied them to the NAS. I got quite a bit copied and then it froze again and the screen went black. It's back to dead right now. Grrrrrrr

The plus side of all of this... yesterday when Steve and I were in the basement going through more boxes and organizing the storage space, we found a box that had my laptop and the charger for it, and the charger for my netbook!! HUZZAH!!!

So I am thankful to have my netbook found... (it was a gift from my dad) and to have the ability to check the internet, blog, and email from a computer and not all from my iPhone.

I just pray that there's a cure for my POS desktop. I can't do much without it and it's not something that Steve can get to until this weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment