Wednesday, April 04, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #95

A Year of Gratitude #95: Feeling Better

It's been exactly a week since I started to feel awful, and I am happy to say that I am finally feeling better! I still have a cough, but it's not as frequent, and not as scary sounding.

Today was a bit stressful for me. Our cleaning crew couldn't come at 8:30 this morning, so instead, they came at 10:30. This set the whole day off for me. I HAD to go grocery shopping today and with Gus napping at 2:00 it leaves very little time for plans to go wrong.

The cleaners didn't leave until 12:30 and I wasn't able to get to Wal-Mart until almost 1:00. We got there and Gus was STARVING. I hate the Wal-Mart here... I can't ever find anything and I end up running back and forth all over the stupid store trying to find things that I forgot, or thought they were one place and they were in another.

Not the best use of the precious hour that I had. I ended up grabbing Gus a Lunchable and he and I shared it while I shopped. He also ate an ENTIRE bag of yogurt melts... talk about a hungry child!! I DID bring him his snack cup with Cheese Its, but they were consumed before we even get inside the store.  We also share his water (I twisted the top off the sippy and drank some of his water).

Anyway-- I frantically got through Wal-Mart, but it was 2:30 and Gus was exhausted and still needed to get home, unpack the car, and get him prepped for his nap. He went down around 3:00.

Thankfully, he slept until a little after 5:00... (which wasn't enough sleep for him, but I'm thankful that he didn't sleep the afternoon away and screw up his bedtime schedule).

The remainder of the afternoon was good and Gus went to bed at his usual time, and was rubbing his eyes and was actually sleepy. All good signs. I'm hoping he sleeps well tonight and doesn't wake until 8:00 tomorrow morning!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment