Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 19

Gus at our play date today 

Today was a great day! Gus slept from 8pm last night until 5am this morning and then went back to sleep until 9am! He was so pleasant this morning and very excited to go to our play date at Megan's house.

We had fun at Megan's and I took lots of pictures of Foster (Kristen's three-month-old baby boy) and Eloise (Megan's seven-month-old daughter) and then the three babies together. They are seated on the couch by age and we had a few seconds of opportunity before Gus decided that he wanted to play instead.
Gus and Eloise... he looks like he's saying, "Come on already..."

Eloise liked Gus's tie!

Gus, Eloise, and Foster

I used to work with both Megan and Kristen at Oak Grove. They taught third grade together and are closer friends than I am to either, but it was a good time. Kristen was in Phi Sigma Pi in college so she and I have that in common, which is very cool. This was Foster's very first play date!

After the play date the three of us took the kids to Chick-Fil-A and had lunch. Did you know that they now wait on you like in a restaurant? You can also go up and pay for your meal, but they will take your order, take payment, and bring it out to you. They also come by and ask to get you a refill. I LOVE it! <3
Then we said our goodbyes and Gus and I headed to Target. I made an optical appointment for this Saturday and then Gus and I did a little shopping. I wanted to find something cute for him for Valentine's Day... I found a Pebbles and Bam-Bam onesie that says, "Chicks Dig Me" and then another one that's red and has Linus from Peanuts and it says, "Love Stinks" I got them both and a pair of jeans and a cute Mom's VIP onesie. 

We came home and I put Gus down for a nap. It lasted a little over an hour (not too bad). Then we came downstairs and I attempted to feed Gus some veggies and whole wheat pasta and he wanted nothing to do with it.

While talking to Megan today, I realized that Gus isn't eating enough solids. I am going to try to get him on a better eating schedule tomorrow. I am envious of all my friends that have babies that love to eat. I don't know if it's because he's picky or what, but he doesn't go crazy for feedings like others do. At Chick-Fil-A, Megan was feeding Eloise and she was going nuts for each spoonful of food. Then when it was all gone she cried because she wanted more. I laughed because Gus is the one who tells me that he's done... (heavy sigh).

After dinner we watched a little tv while Gus was in his activity yard (a.k.a. baby jail) and I looked at him and this is what I saw:

Yes... the boy took his diaper off and was buck naked. He was sooooo happy to be naked and thought it was sooooo funny. :) I had to laugh and take a picture before putting a diaper on him (Steve was afraid of Gus peeing on the carpet).

Lastly... it was a beautiful day here in NC. The high went above 60 and I was in heaven. I can't wait until 60 degree days are more frequent and we can get out and do things outside!!
Tomorrow we're going to Judy's for a coffee date... not sure how Gus will do, but we'll see. I'm going to give her the DVDs that I made for my kids last year and she's going to pass them out before the kids track out on Friday. I'm eager for her to see the DVD. 

See you tomorrow!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment