Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 30

Day 30

Where did the weekend go? I can't say where today went because it's already after 8pm and I cannot account for most of the day! I know that Gus took a nap and took about an hour to finally fall asleep. Other than that... I don't know where the time went!

Steve let me sleep in this morning and it was sooooo nice! He also made his famous cheesy ham hash-brown casserole and I awoke to the delicious aroma. I also was able to get in the shower and not have a little person in the bathroom with me (it's the small things, ya' know?).

We watched some television and I took Gus outside for a bit to enjoy the 70 degree day. It felt amazing outside! To think that Aimee posted pictures of Tanner and Lucas all bundled in their snowsuits... and we were in shorts and short-sleeved shirts today, it's incredible!

I took some super-duper cute pictures of Gustafer Gustafson today. He was in the happiest mood and I figured I better take some while I had him so happy. I'm glad I did because they turned out to the some of the best pictures of him that I've taken so far!

People often ask me, "Is he really always that happy?" and my answer is "Yes!" Usually... I mean when he's teething and his gums hurt, there's nothing fun or joyful and he's quite the crabby-patty. But other than that, he's so laid-back and happy. I refer to him as "chill" because he's so chill. His birth parents must have both had the most laid-back disposition... we got so lucky that he's so happy and easy-going.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from today's Cat's Photography photo session:






Tonight for dinner I made mozzarella and bacon stuffed chicken (sooo good) and mixed veggies and mashed potatoes. It was delicious and very easy to make! I think the whole thing took 30 minutes (including the prep). Not too shabby!

I made Steve a birthday cake this morning (no time yesterday) and we had it for dessert. It was a triple chocolate cake with whipped cream cheese frosting. Here's a picture:
It was out of this world yummy and so chocolatey! 

This week is pretty open and empty... my niece Aine turns 6 on Thursday, and our cleaning lady comes on Friday. Tuesday Steve is having a Guys Night Out and leaving me and Gus to fend for ourselves for dinner... it should be okay though. He deserves a night out and I'm glad that he's taking one. I get to go out every month and sometimes more than once in a month, so it's nice that he's going to be able to get away for an evening.
Now if we could just make it so the two of us could get away together... that'd be perfect!!

>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment