Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 43



This picture is the sweetest image to wind down our day. It was quite a day indeed!

Let me start by saying that it felt like it was Sunday all day. And it's only 8:30 right now and it feels like this is the day that will never end. To say it's been a long day is an understatement. Maybe it's because I don't feel 100% but man, it's just dragging by!

Gus didn't sleep well last night, which only added to the day. He usually gets 12 hours but he was up and ready to go at 7... and didn't get to bed until after 8 last night. Then his napping for the day was off.

Let's talk about the nap from this afternoon shall we? I brought Gus upstairs around 12:30 and would hear him fuss and stop, then fuss and stop. It went on for a while, and so I decided to go in and check on him. When I walked in... I was met with the most foul smell... poop. 

My initial thought was that he obviously pooped, but that maybe his diaper was just really full and that's why I could smell it. Then I looked and saw him. I gasped and said, "OH MY GOD!" and Steve came immediately to see what was going on. 

Gus was sitting with his diaper off... and had poop all over him. In his hair, on his chest, neck, legs, and his feet had been standing IN the diaper, so they were covered in poop. It was all over his hands, all over the crib, and all over the sheets. It was GROSS!!!!

I went and started a bath and Steve stood with Gus and then I took him to our bathroom... and tried my best not to get any poop on me. Steve cleaned up the mess (I was gagging) and I bathed the boy. He was quite pleased with himself.

All that... and he hadn't slept a wink.

We went downstairs after the poop fiasco and he played for a while. He did a great job with lunch and had 1/2 a container of baby food (blueberry pear oatmeal) and then some water in a sippy.

He kept rubbing his eyes, so we tried to lay him down downstairs, but he wouldn't fall asleep. He kept getting up and playing.

I made some Oreo truffles to take to MI and tomorrow I'm making Buckeyes. I'm making some for my dad and some for Wendy's birthday. :)  They both read this, so there goes their surprise!

For dinner I made the most delicious (and easy) meal in the crockpot. I made roasted chicken with gravy, mashed potatoes, and corn. For the chicken you just take a can of cream of chicken soup and pour it over some chicken in a crockpot and let it cook on low for six hours. I also add a small can of mushroom stems and pieces (I like mushrooms), but you don't have to add them. When you've got about 30 minutes left to cook, you add a packet of chicken gravy to the mix and that's it. It's so yummy!
Earlier this morning Steve got on the floor with Gus and I took some cute pictures of the two of them.
Playing with Daddy's face (his mouth)

Poking Daddy in the eye...

Watching the TV with Daddy (he's not allowed to watch television)

Gus loves his Daddy!!
We're going to start packing for Michigan tomorrow so that we're ready on Wednesday. The plan is to try and leave around 4am on Wednesday and then that'll give Gus a few hours of sleeping in the car in the dark. We're hoping that it'll be a smooth trip and he won't hate being in the car too long. One of us will always be back there with him, so it shouldn't be too bad. We should get to Michigan around 4 or 5 pm and I can't wait!

I should say that it's supposed to be in the 70s on Thursday here... and probably cold and rainy in Michigan. At least when we leave Michigan to come back to NC, it'll be warmer here and will feel like spring break!!  :)
Steve's dad and Sue Ann are coming to visit on Thursday when we get back. They'll be here through Sunday. It should make for a nice visit. Maybe it'll be warm here and we can go to the park.

I hope I feel better tomorrow and for sure feel better by Wednesday!!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment