Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Day 124


Sometimes you just need to wear a fish hat.

We got up this morning and I'm not sure why, but I woke up exhausted. I am so tired and just want to sleep all the time. :(

We played up here for a while and Gus is like a mini-tornado. He seriously causes a lot of destruction and everything is on the floor and all over after he's done playing. I'll be glad to have him help me when he's a bit older, and then even more glad when he can do it himself completely.

I made myself some bacon and eggs for breakfast and then Gus had 1/2 a whole wheat bagel. He also had some of my eggs, and he had some white grape cherry juice. I got him dressed and then took some pictures of him. He wore a shirt that his Grandma and Grandpa Walker bought for him the last time they were here.



The shirt has a hood on it, and being that my SIL just posted some pictures of my niece and nephew wearing hoods up and looking like "hoodlums," I decided to put the hood up on Gus and take some pictures.



He was more than ready for a nap around 10:15 but I knew I needed to wait it out... so he finally got to go up around 11. He went down without a fight and slept for almost two and a half hours.

When he got up we had lunch and then went grocery shopping. I was seriously dreading it... but it wasn't too bad. The store was pretty empty and I didn't have to wait at all when I checked out. I got Gus's birthday gift while I was shopping. I think he's going to like it a lot. Gus was very occupied while shopping and was enjoying his snacks. He took out the puffs, took out the cookies, and then ate the graham crackers. Then he ate the puffs and then he ate the cookies. It was quite odd to watch.


We got home and I put the groceries away while Gus played. I put on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for him (there was a new episode) and he was super excited. While he watched tv, he grabbed the Wii microphone and was carrying it around. I kept calling him my little rock star.  :)




Steve got home around 5:30 and I was too tired to cook. He said that he'd cook for us and ended up going and getting Chinese. YUCK. I hate Chinese but I didn't want to cook, so it was what it was. I figure if I'm going to eat that kind of crap, I should at least eat crap that I enjoy-- it was just disgusting. I thought by getting chicken lo-mein that it'd be better, but it was just as gross. At least we don't eat it often. I think the last time we had Chinese was MONTHS ago.  :)

Gus played for a bit before bed. Getting him diapered is becoming quite the challenge. He pooped this evening and as I was trying to change him, he flipped himself over, knocked off the diapers, knocked off the other basket, and then was moving around. I had to wipe his butt while he was moving and crawling away from me. I didn't have a diaper ready, so I had to put him down, (which he decided to run around the house like a nudie boy) so I could get a diaper. I am just glad he didn't pee before I could get him diapered!! Oi Vey!!!


I'm heading to bed.
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment