Sunday, May 01, 2011

Day 121



Happy first of May!! I can't believe we're 10 days away from Gus's first birthday. Even crazier is that a year ago on Tuesday, we found out about Gus. From that point until now has been a complete whirl-wind and hasn't slowed down! I need time to stand still so I can catch my bearings and really soak it all in. To think that I've been a mom for almost a year- it's incredible. My greatest fear in life was that I'd never get to be a mother, and then as each month passed and more and more friends became pregnant and we still were taking temperatures and plotting and trying so hard to conceive... it just seemed like my biggest fear was coming true. Gus has changed my life in so many wonderful ways.

Last night was amazing for Gus. He got close to twelve solid hours and then got up with Steve and they had breakfast together. I came down and Steve was watching CBS Sunday morning. Gus was especially interested in the piece about the US Pole Dancing Championships...

Steve had to take a picture... it was too funny not to! Here are some other pictures of Gus from this morning:


It's funny to see that the pajamas that he's wearing in the above pictures are the same ones that he was wearing back in November. That's six months ago and they still fit. I'm glad he's getting good use of his clothes!!

Gus's eating today wasn't the best. He has to be in his chair in order to really get a good meal. Unfortunately, he grazed all morning/afternoon and I finally put him in his chair and gave him some yogurt and carrots from last night. He ate both and was a happy boy.
Ready to touch and feel a carrot

Looking at a carrot

Gus REALLY likes to feed himself



Waving and watching his hand... LOL

We watched "The Switch" today while Gus took his afternoon nap. It was a really cute movie. We also watched two episodes of Ghost Adventures and they were both really good. I didn't get a chance to work on any of my projects... so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Here are a few pictures of Gus from this afternoon after his nap:



Tomorrow we're supposed to go to a Krispy Kreme playdate with Wendy and Ashley. I've never been to a KK, so I'm eager to see what all the hype is about. Wendy is excited to take me there for my first KK experience. :)

See you tomorrow!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment