Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 120



Ha ha ha ha!! Gotta love his face in the above picture!! Let's just say that last night was a BAD night for Gus. He was WIDE AWAKE at 2:00am and then wouldn't go back to sleep. We brought him into our bed from 3:00-3:30 and he just played and thought it was so much fun to be in mama and daddy's bed. We didn't find it to be as fun. We put him back in his own bed around 3:30am and he played and fussed for about another hour before he finally fell back asleep. You'd think that with missing two and a half hours of sleep that he'd sleep longer right? NO. He was up at 8 and ready to go.

Of course, being up at 8 and not getting a complete night's sleep left Mr. Gustafer in quite the mood all morning. 



Steve and I tag-teamed and traded off and on with him. He wasn't happy with either of us for too long and I think he might be teething (LMAO). Who knows... he's been teething for seven months already and nothing has happened, so we'll see. I'm sure he's determined to wait until he's at least one before getting his first tooth.

We put Gus down for his morning nap and he slept for a little over two hours. Steve ran to Home Depot and to the bank and had time to come home and install the stuff for the screen door before Gus woke up. When he did wake up, we took him down and changed him and Steve fed him lunch. It was a nice treat to be able to eat lunch and not have to worry about Gus.

After lunch, Gus played and we watched some television. We dressed him in the outfit that his Uncle Scott and Aunt Christie gave him for his Adoption Day. :)









So Gus has finally figured out how to crawl onto the purple platform and then go down the slide on his belly. He was having to go up the slide, turn around, and go back down on his belly. Now he knows how to get onto the platform and I'm so proud of him!!



We put Gus down for a second nap around 4 and he slept for a little more than an hour and a half. All day while he napped, I've been working on my 365 project for him. I've been taking at least one picture of him each day since he was born, and I'm putting together a slideshow to show all the pictures in sequential order. I'm eager to see the completed project, but man... it's a lot of work! I have already spent almost four hours and I'm only at the beginning of December!!

I'm also going to make a Photo Story DVD for his first birthday party (May 14th). I've got to work on that tomorrow and this week.

I looked at the vaccination schedule and put together a plan for the next four years of when he'll get what vaccines. Here's the schedule:
At his 12 month appointment (May 11th)-- DTaP and PCV
15 Months: Hep B and Var (chicken pox)
18 Months: DTaP and PCV
2 Years: Hep B and IPV (Polio)
3 Years: DTaP and IPV
4 Years: DTaP (last one), IPV (last one) and MMR (first one)
5 Years (just before starting kindergarten):MMR

Any friends or family that read this blog, please comment and let me know if this delayed schedule looks good. I wanted to put the MMR off until he's older and then the others I tried to space out. I looked at the requirements for entering kindergarten in NC and followed their required number of immunizations for the amount and timing of each. I just don't want him to go and get a bunch of shots at one time... which this schedule, he'll get three at the most, and will be four when that happens.

So after Gus got up, I went down and made dinner. We had baked honey dijon pretzel chicken with broccoli and cheese pasta and steamed baby carrots. Gus at a lot and seemed to enjoy the chicken (which was a surprise because he usually doesn't eat the chicken).




After dinner it was bath time so we gave Gus his bath and then he was more than ready for bed. I'm hoping that he sleeps soundly tonight!!


See you tomorrow!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment