Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 114


HOPPY EASTER!!!!

This morning Gus was up and fully awake and ready to play at 7am. I was so tired and just wanted to sleep. I let Steve sleep in this morning. I took Gus downstairs to change him, dress him, and feed him and I came down to find all of the water from the animals' water bowl all over the floor. My guess is that a certain new friend named HOBO was to blame. >^..^<

Steve came down shortly after and he and Gus shared a bowl of Cheerios for breakfast (Gus just ate the os without milk). 


We watched a couple movies this morning and then Steve watched CBS Sunday morning while I came upstairs to tackle my desk. It was a mess and piled high with CRAP. So I spent about two hours cleaning and organizing all my stuff. It looks so good now. :)

I came downstairs and played with Gus for a bit. He likes to play with Purry... that cat is so patient and tolerant.

Day 4

So I know you're all dying to know how day four went. Well... it was another success!!! I don't know when I can officially say he's "off the bottle..." maybe after a week? Two weeks? Anyway, he's doing so great and so are we!! Today was another low formula day (21 ounces) and he ate a ton of solids! I'm so proud of him!




I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow or Tuesday and I need to get a few more sippy cups. I think we only have two like this... and he LOVES them. They're only $2 so I am going to get two more.

Gus took a decent morning-afternoon nap (hour and a half) and then didn't nap again all day. He was super tired around 5, but wouldn't go to sleep. Hmmm...

Today is Easter Sunday and we decided to wait until the afternoon to do our first ever egg hunt. Gus wasn't sure what he was supposed to do, but he did find the eggs and then picked one up and carried it around the yard. Steve had fun (I think) helping Gus find the eggs and keeping him on the grass and not allowing him to wander to the street. It was the first time that Gus was in the grass and he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do at first!




















It was a hot one today in NC (high of 87) and Gus was starting to get a little red, and Steve was sweating... so we came back inside where it was nice and cool. 


Gus played a little more while I made dinner. I made crescent rolls, green bean casserole, and au gratin potatoes and then we had our Honeybaked Ham (delicious)! 
Gus wasn't happy with one ball... he had to have BOTH

Doing the weird mouth thing again...

Around 6:00 it was time to eat. Gus did a great job eating... he didn't particularly care for the green bean casserole, but he loved the ham, potatoes and bread.



The only thing that could have made the day better would have been if we had spent it with our family. It was a great first Easter and we talked about how this time last year, we didn't know about Gus and we had just been put on the CAS Waiting Families list and were praying for a baby. :)

I am going to bed tonight so thankful for all the things in my life, but most importantly, I am thankful for Gus and for all that he has brought into my life.

>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment