Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 113



Let's see if I can remember all that happened today... it was a really long day and considering that we didn't go anywhere or do anything, I'm exhausted and my head hurts.

This morning Steve got up with Gus and took him downstairs. About an hour later I came down because he was crying. Steve had tried to feed him yogurt and a bagel for breakfast, but he wasn't having it. I think he wanted me.

Day 3

So Steve gave Gus a sippy and he was a happy little boy. Day three of the no-bottle challenge was another success! We haven't caved at all and he's not even getting a bottle at bedtime. He has been living on the sippy for three solid days and we're so proud of him. I'm sure if we showed him a bottle he'd flip out for it, but so far with just having the sippy, he's been doing a great job. Today he had a total of 20 ounces and yet again, I say it's been another successful day. I'm hoping the transition to solids as the main source of nutrition and no more formula and just whole milk will be easy.


Gus loves the cow puppet that Gram and Pap gave him for Easter
Trying the new sippy with a straw!




This morning we watched television and then Steve decided to try and put Gus down for a nap around 9ish. I had to tell him that it wasn't going to work... Gus doesn't go for a nap until at least 10:30 if not 11. Gus was tired, but he has certain things that he does when I know he's ready for the nap, and he wasn't doing any of them yet.

He finally did take a nap around 11ish and he slept for a little over two hours. We brought him downstairs and Steve fed him his lunch (which was a treat for me since I'm the one that always feeds him). After lunch he played for a while and snuggled with me for some formula in the sippy.
I decided to start dying eggs while Gus was playing in the livingroom. He's too young to do any of it now, but in a few years it'll be such a treat to do the eggs. This year I got this awesome kit:
It had these plastic cups that came with it and I kept them and will use them again next year.
Here's the process of the egg dying this year:
Then the main reason I got this particular kit was because of the face stickers that came with it. Here are the eggs with their faces:







I think they're super cute!!! While the eggs were soaking, I made up Gus's Easter basket:

After I finished the eggs, I took some pictures of Gus with my camera:









 








We put Gus to bed a little later than usual tonight with the hopes that he'll sleep longer in the morning. He refused to take a second nap this afternoon... so I'm hoping he'll be really tired and sleep through the night again.

We watched "Dinner for Schmucks" tonight. Oh my gosh... what a FUNNY movie!!! I laughed throughout the movie. It wasn't the funniest that I've ever seen, but it was good and had a really good plot. I definitely recommend it if you're in the mood for a comedy.

Tomorrow is Easter and we're going to have our ham. I can't wait. I'm tired and going to bed.
>^..^<


0 comments:

Post a Comment