Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 106 (Saturday, April 16, 2011)



We were able to sleep in a little on Saturday since we didn't have anywhere that we had to be. We spent some time downstairs with my dad since my mom had to be at work until 2. We decided that we'd meet Christie and the kids at Once Upon A Child, do some shopping, and then head over to Mongolian BBQ for lunch. We told my dad that we'd call him when we were leaving the store and he could just meet us for lunch.

At Once Upon A Child, I was amazed at how HUGE the store was! It used to be in a different location and was much much smaller, and then they moved across the street into a HUGE store. We ended up getting Gus some nice summer clothes and a pair of Crocs.  :) I figure they're better for him than flip-flops.

We headed over to Mongolian BBQ and my dad arrived and then soon after my mom came. It was a great lunch and really tasted yummy. While we were there, I noticed that the white spot that's been on Gus's lip for MONTHS was gone. It was just a red spot from where it had been bleeding (did I mention that Wendy picked at his lip for me on Wednesday before we left?). I was amazed to see it gone!!!

After we had lunch, we stopped by Wal-Mart to get more formula and a new windshield wiper blade for my car. Then we went back to my parent's house to watch the kids play together.

















Lily started to get hungry, so Christie gave her an apple. Well... Gus wanted to try it, and because Lily is such a great sharer, she gave it to him. He LOVED it!! I think he really liked rubbing his gums on it... and the sweet juice wasn't too bad either. He ended up gnawing on it for a while and was in heaven!!








I guess I need to buy some apples this week.

We were watching the Weather Channel (sound off) while the kids played, and at the same time, Steve got something on his Facebook about taking cover in Holly Springs. There was a tornado that went through Holly Springs and ended up going right through our neighborhood. Thankfully our house was untouched, but it was really scary to watch everything in MI that was happening here.
I texted Wendy and she said they were taking cover in their bathroom. Steve talked to our other neighbor and she said that they were okay, but there were fences down and trees down behind us. I HATE storms and have a deathly fear of tornadoes... so it's a miracle that we weren't home when it all happened AND that nothing happened to our house.

We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and enjoyed our last meal together as a family before heading back to NC.




We went home and packed and then went to bed... we had an early morning ahead of us!!!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment