Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 109

Today was a pretty good day. Steve had a flight out of RDU this afternoon, so he stayed home and did a little work from home this morning. I think I mentioned that we bought Gus the slide thingy and the lady from my MOMS Club brought it over this morning. It's awesome. I'm so glad that Steve was home to help me get it into the livingroom! It's heavy!

As soon as it was in the livingroom, Gus wanted to play on it, so I took some pictures of him. He's a little too small to really enjoy it, but soon enough he'll be outgrowing it I'm sure. For now it's perfect and isn't too big for the livingroom.

Gus played on it all morning and then we had to say goodbye to Steve around 10ish. I hate when he travels, but it's part of the deal of me staying home and him bringing home the bacon... he goes where he's asked to go. He flew into Atlanta and then from there he headed to San Francisco.

I put Gus down for his morning nap and he got a little more than an hour and a half nap, which is great. When he was awake, we headed off to Wal-Mart to do our grocery shopping for the week. I ended up getting some non-grocery items... but it was all stuff that we needed.

We got home and there was a little bit of time to play and then I put Gus down for his afternoon nap. He slept for almost an hour. When we finally got up, Wendy came over for a few minutes and then she had to go. We had to get ready for my Triangle Mommies Adoption Forum MNO. I had to bring Gus with me because Steve isn't home. 

There were five of us signed up and I had not met any of the other four people before. They were so nice and I had a really nice time meeting them and hearing their adoption stories. One lady was adopted as a child and is thinking about adoption again. Another adopted domestically, one adopted a 14 month-old from Russia and then there was one who is just starting her adoption journey but has a son. Her son Steven was with her and he's three about to be four. His birthday is May 11th. It was so cute to see him interact with Gus, and to know that they share a birthday was very sweet.

Anyway, we got home and I tried to put Gus down. I decided to use tonight as night one without any bottle before bed. I figured that since Steve is gone I can do it and if Gus is up all night it won't bother anyone but me. HOWEVER... an hour later... it was too much. I can't handle him crying so much and getting red and hot. It broke my heart, so I caved and made him a bottle and rocked him to sleep. Oh well... there are other battles to fight.

I finished The Help tonight. I'm going to write a book review on Good Reads and then link it to my blog.

Alright... I'm off to write Gus's blog. 


Post a Comment