Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 119



Have you ever woke up on the WRONG side of the bed? That was me this morning... and unfortunately, my dear husband got to experience the "Wrath of Cath" this morning. I was just stressed beyond capacity and I took it out on him. He didn't even see it coming and didn't deserve it at all, and fortunately, he is amazing and knows how to deflect my anger quite nicely. I started the morning looking for a fight, and he wasn't going to give it to me... he's so good. :)   

Our cleaning lady came this morning and I was partially stressed from trying to pick up before she arrived. I hate feeling like my house is a mess before she comes. I watched the Royal Wedding while she cleaned- I LOVED the wedding and thought it was beautiful! I'm not a big fan of the royal family and couldn't care less about them, but I am a romantic at heart and just love weddings. It was awesome to have it DVRd and be able to fast-forward through the parts that didn't interest me (the various rugby songs for example). I found it so interesting that they didn't hold hands during the ceremony and were so stoic throughout. I also found it interesting that they didn't kiss at the end of the ceremony... but they did kiss on the balcony and I LOVED it!!

This morning, Gus was playing with my phone and it ended up in the toilet. It was only submerged for a few seconds before I realized what the "thump" was... but it was enough to make the screen go black and the whole thing refuse to come back on. I had to email Steve and tell him, and he said he'd try to fix it when he got home and if I needed to, I could put my SIM card into his old phone (he has the newest iPhone). Thank goodness he had his old phone!! I now have my phone back... and can still eagerly wait to get the new phone in June/July (praying that there actually IS a new model released in June/July). I've been trying to hold off on replacing my phone...

Anyway, Steve went to his conference this morning and then came home early. He brought us lunch (a nice surprise) and then the three of us enjoyed the afternoon together. I missed him so much and it was nice just to have him here. :)

Around 3ish, Steve wanted to get his haircut, so he took Gus with him and they both got their haircut. It's cute that they have something special that they can do together.

We decided to use our Outback gift card and head out for dinner. Gus was a bit fussy in the car and I wasn't sure how he'd be at the restaurant. I was praying that he'd be okay since he's now out of his baby car-seat and in a big boy rear-facing convertible one that Wendy gave us. He didn't have the option of falling asleep in the baby car-seat, and we were eager to have him sit in the high-chair and eat some mac-n-cheese for dinner.




Gus had some bread, some cheese from our salads, some cucumber and then ate a TON of his mac-n-cheese. He was also drinking water from a straw!! He was in such a GREAT mood at dinner and as you can see in the last picture, he was smiling and cute as can be. The servers kept coming by and talking to him and he was practicing his wave all night. He's such a little ham!!

When we left Outback, it was around 6 and it was like a switch went off and Gus was back to being fussy. Thankfully he wasn't fussy in the restaurant! We got back to the house and had about an hour left before bed and we did our best to entertain him and keep him busy so he wouldn't have a meltdown before bed.

It's SO nice to have Steve home to help me with Gus. I sometimes forget how much he does until he's gone and then I do it all. He's an amazing husband and does so much for me and Gus... we are so lucky!!

We brought Gus up for bed and it's about time for me to go to bed as well. 

I. Am. Exhausted.

Nite...
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment