Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 115



I often find myself asking, "Is it Monday or Tuesday" every single Monday afternoon. Not sure why it always happens, but it does.

Today was a good day. Gus woke up in a great mood. He did wake around 4am and did go back to sleep, but it threw off Steve's sleep cycle and mine as well. He was up and ready to face the day around 8.

We went downstairs and I fed him, and then I made hashbrown casserole for us to have. It was so yummy and then I had the Honeybaked Ham in it too, and it was like heaven.

I put Gus in this cute frog onesie-romper that we got in MI and took some pictures of him. He's such a little turkey!






I've been practicing with taking pictures in manual and not using the flash... it's definitely a challenge when you're taking pictures of a moving target. LOL  The ones that I did take, look great though. can you spot the two in the set above?

Day 5

Today I decided to clear out all the bottles from the cabinet. Not that we're out of the woods yet (I think we're close), but I wanted to make more room and we haven't used a bottle in FIVE DAYS!!!! I am so excited!!!







Gus had a total of 20 ounces today (yahoo!) and had a lot of solids! I am finally getting the hang of it and we've got a routine established so far... 

So around 10 Gus was playing on the new gym and he fell back off the landing and landed on his back. I have it on video... it's awful. I told Steve that I officially earned the "Mother of the Year" award with it. He was okay... he cried for like a minute because it scared him, but I was more upset than he was. I didn't let him take his nap until after 12 because I was afraid of a concussion.

When he did go up for his nap he was TIRED. He slept for about an hour and a half and then got up for like ten minutes... and went back down for another hour and a half. He was exhausted!!

We came downstairs and had lunch. Gus ate an entire container of his yogurt meal, an entire container of strawberry-applesauce, two slices of Colby cheese, some puffs, and some apple custard stuff. He was a hungry little boy. He was super excited about eating my apple though... he doesn't really eat it, but he gnaws on it and I think it feels good on his gums. I took a video of him enjoying this apple...



After Gus had lunch, I decided to dress him up in a bandana and take some pictures of him. They're the best! My nephew Eamon and Niece Aine had pictures taken of them as babies wearing bandanas... now we need one of Benton and Scott and Christie need to put Lily in one and we'll have a set.










I don't know if it was because of the bandana or from the food... but he had a serious case of the crazies while I was taking his picture. It made me laugh so much!!

Steve got home and then we had dinner. I made the easiest baked Italian chicken and then some broccoli au gratin Rice-A-Roni and some brown sugar carrots. It was so good. Gus had a ton of food for dinner... he cleaned his plate!!!

We brought Gus up for his bath and then it was time for bed for him. 

My mom called me yesterday for Easter, but also to tell me about this Pope John Paul II book that she bought me. She said that there is a picture in this book of JP2 as a baby that looks JUST LIKE GUS. Here it is:
I saw it and immediately came to the conclusion that Gus is Pope John Paul the II, reincarnated! And it's fitting that I'd be the one to have the baby that was the former Pope... since I am obsessed with JPII!!! I think it's awesome... not only do they look alike, but Gus puts his hands behind his back like this... I'm telling you-- my son is JP2 reincarnated!!!

Enjoy and don't be too jealous!!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment