Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 150




This morning we got up and then went downstairs for breakfast. I has felt like Sunday all day, so this week is going to be off for me.

I made scrambled eggs and toast and Steve made bacon and we enjoyed breakfast together as a family for our very first Memorial Day together. Last year on Memorial Day, Steve had just said goodbye to us and flown home because he had to get back to work. I thought it was the end of the world and didn't think I'd survive on my own, but I did pretty well for a few days and then needed to move us to my parent's house so we'd be closer to my family.

My oldest brother Dave posted a link on Facebook titled "Remember." I embedded the video above... and it's worth watching. It was an alternative view to Memorial Day and one that I think has a good message. Without war, there'd be no need to remember soldiers that have died. The video is a stark reminder that war kills, and the one line that really got me says something along the lines of, while we're on Earth they fought and killed each other, but are together now. (Something like that.) Anyway, take a gander and hopefully you'll feel something after watching.


Here's a picture from this morning:
Gus took a nice three-hour nap this morning/afternoon and so did I. Steve was working on my computer still, and I decided that I didn't feel like watching television, it was too hot to go for a walk, so I decided to lay down and just like that, I fell asleep. It was so nice to nap!!

When Gus and I woke up, we had lunch and then went outside to play in the water.




We came inside and Gus had some nudie time to fully dry off, and then Steve got him dressed. He looked so cute in his froggy outfit, that I had to take some pictures!













I made homemade potato salad for us for dinner and it was really delicious! I told Steve that it's so nice to know where and how my food is made. :)

We had cheddar brats that we're brats at all... they were smoked sausage (who knew) and then baked beans and potato salad. I hate holidays because I always miss my family and wish we were closer. Not much I can do about the situation, but it still sucks. As much as I like staying home and being comfortable, I also like going to BBQs and miss going to BBQs with friends. The holidays just plain suck when you have to celebrate them by yourself (no offense to Gus or Steve).

So... tomorrow we're supposed to go to Sunni Skys for homemade ice cream and I just know that Gus is going to love it!!! I'll take lots of pictures. It's with my MOMS Club so it should be fun to be there with other moms and their kids.


See you tomorrow!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment