Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 151



Gus slept until 8:30 this morning and I was able to get in the shower, shave, wash and conditioner my hair, dry it, and get dressed all before he woke up. :D

We went downstairs and had breakfast, but Gus wasn't really in the mood to eat, so he just had a cereal bar and about three bites of yogurt. 

We played for a little bit and then at 10:30 Wendy and the girls came over for us to head out for homemade ice cream in Angier.



I had the dirt cake ice cream (chocolate pudding ice cream and Oreos) and then Gus had plain chocolate. He really enjoyed his ice cream and we had fun, even though we were the ONLY ones at the event. 

I swear... my MOMS Club is very disappointing. No one goes to events and there's so much apathy. As a result, Wendy decided to call it quits and sent Sara (the President) an email with her resignation. I'm not ready to quit (YET) but if things don't improve with the new board taking over, I won't be renewing in August. 

So... we got home and I put Gus down for a nap, and when we came upstairs it was HOT. So I texted Steve to let him know that the air was out... he's got someone coming by tomorrow to look at it.

After Gus's hour and a half nap, we had lunch (potato salad, smoked sausage and pears). Gus has decided that everything around him MUST be more interesting than the table... so he likes to turn around in his high-chair and try to get out.


Yes... it's quite entertaining. He also started sharing his food with me today, which was so cute. He likes to feed me and I feed him. I guess it helps with his fine-motor skills too... and it's so adorable!

Here are some entertaining pictures from lunch:





Yes... eating the already chewed and spit out food...

After lunch we headed outside to swim. I texted Wendy and they came over and were here until after Steve got home.








I marinaded some pork chops all day in the fridge, and Steve grilled them when he got home. Our Papa Spuds order came today, so we had fresh, organic zucchini and squash that we grilled as well. It was a yummy dinner!

I found out tonight that I was selected to host a Velveeta Cheesy Skillets House Party! I applied for it a while ago, and found out tonight that I was picked! I'm super excited! The party is going to be Saturday, June 18th at noon and then after, we're going to the NC Hollerin' Festival for some fun! Will and Adri have said they're going to come, and I think Allyson Allyn (sorority sister of mine that lives in SC) is going to drive up and spend the night Saturday so she can attend the festivities with us too! I think it's going to be so much fun!! I meant to include in the party invite that we're going to the Hollerin' Festival after... so I hope when people start RSVPing they'll come to both!

See ya tomorrow!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment