Thursday, June 02, 2011

Day 153



We had such a busy day today!!! First off, Gus went to bed around 7:30 last night and slept until 9:30 this morning. Fourteen hours straight is the longest that he's ever slept and it was FANTASTIC!!! :)

I took the above picture in his room while he was standing at his crib. I was looking under his crib for various things and found two bottles (GROSS), a paci, two sippy cups and a ball. While I was down there, I was looking up at him and making him laugh, so I took this picture. I think it's cute.

We didn't have time for a big breakfast because we had to go shopping with Wendy and the girls. We ended up leaving around 10:30 and Gus has a cereal bar and some milk for breakfast. He ate all of it and drank almost all of his milk.

Wendy came over to pick us up and we headed to the mall. 
Gus patiently waiting for his car-seat to be installed in Wendy's car...

She wanted to go to JC Penny's to look at bathing suits and then Father's Day gifts. While we were there, I found Steve's Father's Day gift (one of them) and then got Gus two pairs of swim shorts that were on sale for $5 each. One has Elmo all over them (super cute) and the other has... who else? Mickey Mouse. :D

I took these pictures of Gus while we were shopping:


After JC Penny's, Wendy and the girls stopped at the cookie place and got some cookies ( we passed) and then we headed to Toys R Us (or as my dad always called it We B Toys) and I wanted to get Gus a pool float with a shade. I looked online and found one at We B Toys that was a frog... but they didn't have site-to-store available and couldn't guarantee that the store would have it. We got to the store and when I saw a very small display of floats, I asked someone if there were more and she said that because the store was remodeling, they didn't get a lot of summer stuff in- what was there was all that they had. I was totally bummed and decided that I'd order it online when I got home.

So we walked around a bit... I got Gus two "advanced" sippy cups that aren't really sippys... they're more like toddler cups (18+ months) and they have frogs on them. :)   Then I wanted to check out the LeapFrog TAG Jr. stuff and see how much they were because I wanted to get it for Gus.

When we went down a few aisles, I saw... a HUGE selection of summer stuff including the frog float that I wanted!!!

Then I looked at the TAG stuff and the system itself wasn't a good deal ($33 for the reader and $20 for the case), they did have books at a sale price and it was buy one get one 1/2 off. I got four.



While standing in the We B Toys aisle, I used my iPhone Amazon app and checked the price on Amazon (with free shipping) and I was able to get Gus the system for $20 and the case for $9.

I am super excited for it to arrive and to start using it with him. It's a really cool thing and I hope to buy books here and there for him. There's a No David book that I want but I have to wait to get it. Four is good for now.

While shopping, I checked out the clearance toys section and found a ball pit/sandbox/pool for $14! It was on clearance from $35 and came with a few balls, but I wanted more, so I got a pack of 100 balls for $12. I had a coupon to use for Gus's birthday (Geoffrey's Birthday Club) so I did save a lot at the check out.

We grabbed some Chick-Fil-A for lunch since it was already 1:00 and Kristen and Grace were coming over at 2 to go swimming. We ended up scarfing down lunch and I had just finished eating when Kristen and Grace arrived. I had to blow up Gus's swim float and thankfully Kristen helped. By the time we had everything ready to go, it was already 2:30.

Wendy and the girls were supposed to go to the pool with us, but she had to run an errand and couldn't join us. Kristen and I took the kids and we got to the pool around 2:50... just in time for the adult swim to be wrapping up (perfect timing). We headed into the water and swam for almost an hour before we had to get out due to the adult swim time.

The water felt SO GOOD!!! It was super hot today and being in the water was wonderful. We decided not to take the kids back into the pool at 4:00 because they were both getting cranky.





Kristen dropped us off and I took Gus upstairs to change into pjs and nap. He fell asleep almost immediately and slept for just over an hour and a half. He needed a nap in the worst way and I can't believe he went all day without one!!

While he was sleeping, I blew up his ball pit and then Steve got home. We decided to have McDonald's for dinner and Steve went and got me the Asian chicken salad (it was pretty good) and the he got home just about the time Gus was waking up.

Gus played in his ball pit and LOVED it!!!







I knew he'd love it and we can always use it as a sandbox when Gus outgrows the balls. For now, it's a constant source of entertainment for him. :)

We are going to this place called the Hopper House tomorrow with Megan and Eloise. It's $7.50 for kids 1-12 and free for under a year. I am tempted to lie and say that Gus is 11 months... like they'd know... and it's not like he's going to scale their rock wall or bounce in their bounce houses... he's a baby. We'll see... I'm meeting Megan at her house at 11 and I'll see what she thinks. 

On another note... I totally want someone to make me a sensory table. I have two pictures of what I want and I think either Steve can make it, or his dad, or my dad. Somehow, someone's going to make me this... because the one in the pictures was like $20 versus more than $200 to buy.

The table holds the bin and then the bins can be removed to be cleaned. I would want a table that can hold two bins.

I'm also looking forward to Steve making me a magnetic board and a felt board:

Lastly... here are two pictures that are my inspiration for a playroom for Gus. Since we aren't going to be sending him to preschool, this is ideal for learning, creating, and exploring!


That's it for today... I am sunburned (it'll tan up) and tired. I hope Gus sleeps until 9:30 again tomorrow!!!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment