Saturday, June 04, 2011

Day 155



 All in all it was a pretty good day... but it was super LONG. Gus didn't sleep in this morning, and Steve got up with him around 7 and went downstairs for the morning. I was able to sleep until 8 and then take a shower, which, is a blessing. :)

Today was Saturday which means it's "No Rules Saturday." This is something we just started doing, but it's fun and makes the day interesting. It just means that we don't have to eat our meals in the dining room... and we have fun all day. :)

Here are some pictures from this morning:







Gus ALMOST has two teeth on the bottom! We can definitely see them, and he's crying and complaining enough to know that they're there, but they haven't come through all the way yet. I give it a week (at the most) and he'll have two little teeth in his mouth.

We put Gus down for his morning nap at 10:30 and he went down without a fight. I was able to completely clean out my email on Incredimail... which is awesome since I had over 800 unread messages on there (mostly Facebook, weather updates, and BabyCenter). It took a while to go through and sort, save, and file the ones I want to keep, and delete the HUGE amount that I didn't want.

Gus woke up and we went down to have lunch. We decided to head outside and swim after he had lunch, and these are the pictures from that:












Gus has had a fondness for towels ever since he was a wee-baby. His fondness has continued as he's become a toddler, and now he's able to play with them and he really enjoys the fun that is had when you put a towel over your head and try to walk around. It makes me laugh every single time!!


















After a little bit of fun in the shade (lol), we headed inside to play. We were able to put Gus down for an afternoon nap, and he slept for an hour and a half. He got up after 6 and we decided on pizza for dinner and watched The Hangover while we had dinner in the livingroom and Gus played. It was a good ending to a long, but good day.

Tomorrow we're going to the DBAP to meet Jen and Matt to watch the Bulls take on the Red Sox. It should be interesting... I think the Sox have been winning the series so far. We're taking Gus's little seat and we bought him his own seat for the game. It should be fun... it's supposed to storm and be really hot, so I'm hoping that it's not too awful for us.

On another note... I have decided to remove everyone (except for my dad and Steve) that gets my blog sent to their email automatically. I have a new thing on the side where you can subscribe via email (if you choose). I added people that I thought would want to read my blog under my email permissions, and now that I've got it as a feature to everyone, I'm going to let people decide to follow me if they want. 

I think Adri, Heather, and occasionally, Anne (via email) are the only people that actually comment on my blog. The others just read and move along. So... if you want to keep getting daily messages containing what I blogged about, delivered to your inbox, you'll need to subscribe. I don't want to assume that anyone wants to read this. :)

Another side note... I think I might want to go back to school, or at least take a few classes, on early childhood education. I am very interested in it, as it relates to Gus right now and in the coming years, and I would love to keep my certification (I have to get so many credits to keep my NC license). Steve said we can't afford it right now... but it's something I'm thinking about. Who wants to fund a few classes for me??? Anyone??? Anyone??? LOL

See you tomorrow!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment