Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Day 152


We had a pretty good day today! I was supposed to go to the mall with Wendy when we got up, but Steve made plans for our AC repair guy to get here this morning, and I had to be here for it. The AC in the upstairs has been acting weird and not been cool at all. So the guy came around 10:30 and Steve was able to come home and meet him and then finish his day here at home.

Here are some pictures of Gus playing this morning:








Just recently, Gus has started to enjoy putting things into containers and then taking them out. His farm has a silo and he puts the animals in there, and then likes to pull them out and eat them (lol). He has a bucket with shapes that get sorted and he likes using it to place other objects into it. 

I found a facebook page called "Play At Home Mom" and it had pictures of various play spaces and I am totally inspired. Once Gus is a little bit older, I'm going to rearrange the FROG and use the entire room for a learning and playing area. I'm going to get a little table for him, make some alphabet squares, and have Steve get us some peg board and start using the space for Gus to create things. I am going to make a felt board, a magnet board, and I've got dry erase boards that I can do something with. I had a bunch of ideas, and I think it'll be great for him (and me) when it's time for preschool.

Anyway... after the AC guy left, I put Gus down for a nice two and a half hour nap. Then he got up and we had lunch.
Gus had some fresh peaches for lunch and enjoyed the actual peach and pit more than anything. I looked at his mouth and I see two little spots that look like teeth!!! YAY!!!

We finished lunch and then headed to our community pool with Wendy and the girls. It was the first time that we'd been to the pool since moving here. I think I've said it before, but I LOVE SWIMMING! There's nothing better than a pool on a hot day. This whole week it's been REALLY hot and as much as I love his baby pool, sometimes it's nice to be in a big pool.

So we took this yellow floaty that Wendy gave us, and Gus was good to go. When we first got there he wasn't too sure, but he did a great job. He even went under twice without any complaints. I'd like to get him in a swim class when he's a little bit older (maybe next summer). Here are some pictures from today:





Our pool is really nice. Every 50 minutes the pool closes for adult-only swim time. As much as it's a pain to get out for ten minutes, it's good for kids and you can reapply sunscreen, use the bathroom, have some water, and grab a quick snack. And... after ten minutes of being out, you realize again how HOT it is and then you're ready to get back in and swim. We were there for a little over two hours and had a great time.

The plan is to go back tomorrow too. Kristen and Grace are coming over and then we're going with Wendy and the girls to swim again! I might just become a regular at my pool. As much as I hate being seen in public in a bathing suit, part of me just feels like I don't care what people think when they see me. Honestly, get over it and focus on something else. It is what it is and I'm not going to deny myself the joy of swimming anymore.

That being said... I am tired and need to go to bed. I did tutor Gulbike tonight and she did well. She has her math EOGs tomorrow and Friday and had forgotten how to do multiple-digit multiplication... good thing we practiced! She also forgot how to do exponents... so she was really glad that she came tonight. She wants to keep coming even after the EOGs are done. She'll be going to Apex Middle (traditional) and will be going to Turkey for the summer. Maybe I'll pick back up tutoring once she's back from her trip.

>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment