Monday, July 04, 2011

Day 185


July 4th, 2010
July 4th, 2011

Today was a good day. Weird that it's a Monday... but that just means that it'll be a very short week!
A year ago today, Gus and I were celebrating our first Fourth of  July together and we were really missing Steve. So much... it was about this time that I felt like we were never going to go home and I started to go a little crazy and really start to come unraveled. My sanity was hanging by a string... only because I missed Steve, I was still trying to adjust to life with a newborn, little to no sleep, and doing it all alone. My mom and dad were there for company and to keep my mind occupied (when they weren't working), but sitting home alone day after day and not going anywhere, started to take a toll on me.
Swaddled tightly  :)

Sleeping in his Bumbo chair!

My dad thought it was so funny!
Here's a video from a year ago today:

Today we watched a bunch of movies... and then Gus took two naps!! Here are some pictures of him playing today:


Wendy gave Gus this ABC caterpillar and he LOVES it! I'd say that it's one of his top five favorite toys right now. He likes to bring it to Steve and play with it on Steve's lap.



Gus has been VERY moody lately. If anyone (me OR Steve) goes out of the room, Gus loses his mind. He literally flips out because one of us left the room. Once we're back... he's fine.

Trying to drink from a cup like a big boy!

Looking for Steve


Totally pissed that Steve left...


Recovering from his torture

Back to being all smiles.  :D


Around 5:00 we had some showers roll through and we went onto the porch to watch the rain. Wendy and Ryan came over for a few minutes with the girls... and then before the rain really came down they left. Here are some pictures:
Before the rain came



Steve was hungry for some ribs...  ;)


You could see the rain coming up the street... it was awesome!

First the winds picked up and you can see the tree is slightly bent from the wind...


In a matter of seconds, the rain was here and it poured!!

Gus wanted to sit in the chair by himself like a big boy

Purry Como and Elphie were curious about what we were doing outside without them



Gus wanted to go out into the rain!

Hee hee hee  :D



Time to head inside!!

For dinner tonight I made some potato chips from scratch in the Fry Daddy (they were delicious) and then I made caesar salad and marinated some bbq chicken that Steve grilled. It was a pretty good meal for tonight!





Then we put Gus down for bed at like 8:00 or so and he was out by 8:30. Our neighbors always do a big Fourth of July fireworks extravaganza and this year was no exception. They had these things that they called "BOMBS" that were VERY loud when launching and then even louder when exploding (not legal ones). The first one went off and I about shit myself. Some of the kids were upset and shocked at how loud it was. Some of the pieces flew into Wendy and Ryan's yard and almost hit them on their porch!

I thought for sure that these BOMBS would wake Gus. They didn't.

Then they lit bottle rockets and these super loud screaming ones... Gus slept through it all.

At one point one of the kids said, "We've got 20 more BOMBS" and I looked at Steve in shock. He said, "Our luck, Gus will wake up on the last one." Fortunately, after 15 BOMBS they were done... and Gus was still asleep.

If we didn't have the monitor on us and could hear his music, I would have swore that he was up screaming. But he wasn't. Steve said, "He's either knocked the fuck out, or he's up watching the fireworks from his crib." Hee hee hee.

Anyway... tomorrow we're meeting Steve and two of his coworkers (Yola and Beth) for lunch at Tossed. I'm excited, but a little nervous about Gus having lunch at 11:30... which is right in the middle of his naptime. I'm assuming he'll fall asleep on the way there, and probably on the way home as well.

**UPDATE ON MY PARENTS**
So I talked to my mom tonight and she said they have power!! YAY!! No air yet, because my dad is hesitant to hook it up and have it blow everything. Here's the craziest thing... the car that they thought was destroyed by the tree that was on top of it... not even a scratch on it. It's totally fine, and not damaged at all. THANK YOU GOD!!! My mom is feeling great with her hip and because she's doing so well with her PT, her PT Bruno, said he doesn't need to come see her daily anymore. He is going to come once every three days!!! Way to go mom!!!

See you tomorrow!
>^..^<

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Seriously, I thought we were dead when that firecracker came at us. That was scary and so not cool. I'm sure our yard is full of used firecrackers. Poor Mike and Mary having all that practically in their front yard! You left out the most ridiculous, obscene part......all the kids chasing firecrackers with parachutes that were still burning!! Its Wendy ....phone isn't letting me sign in.

Post a Comment