Saturday, July 09, 2011

Day 190


July 9, 2010

July 9, 2011

Today was a great day! Gus took two naps (hooray) and Steve got the lawn mowed. We went grocery shopping and got a table and chairs for Gus for $15 from a lady that I made a deal with on Craig's List!

Here is a picture of Gus from this morning:
I got a new app for my iPhone that does Polaroid pictures! It's awesome!!

Gus took his morning nap, then we went grocery shopping and came home and Gus played for a bit. I started my dessert for our dinner with the Dudding family tonight.


It was absolutely incredible!!!

We got Gus up and headed to dinner around 4:40. We stopped on the way and picked up the table and chairs that I got from Craig's List. The lady had it for $25 and when I asked if it was still available, she said it was sold but the person never came to get it, and I could have it for $15! YAHOO!! It's tiny, but super cute and will work for Gus.

Then we headed to the Dudding's house. I taught Francis last year and both he and his sister were in my Ecology Club that I sponsored. I helped Mrs. Dudding a few times with her education classes, and we've just always clicked. They're such a nice family and have always been very supportive of me, and Gus.

Here are some of the pictures from our night at their house:
Our house just before leaving


Mr. Dudding

Emma has a mouse and Gus was trying to "taste" him... :)

Both kids play piano and Mrs. Dudding is starting to learn too!! Gus had a great time with Emma just banging away on the keyboard!




Trying to eat the mouse

I don't know if Gus completely understood that the mouse was alive and not something to eat

Mouth open... going in for a taste...

Emma and Francis were so funny to watch with Gus. They were chasing him around their house and Gus was squeeling with delight and they loved it too. It was so cute!!

Gus running away while Emma and Francis chased after him!

Mrs. Dudding loves Gus too!!

Steve and Andrew (Mr. Dudding) chatted while Sophie (Mrs. Dudding) and I chatted and the kids played together. It was such a nice evening!




We didn't leave their house until after 9:30!!! Gus was tired, but not crabby (thankfully). We got home and put him to bed and now I'm ready to pass out. 

Here are two additional pictures from a year ago today. It's funny because a year ago today, Steve called me and said the six words that I had been praying to hear, "Do you want to come home?" It was a Friday and he told me that he had just talked to Deborah (our attorney) and she gave us the all-clear. It was the answer to my prayers and I was excited to pick Steve up from DTW on Saturday the 10th!

I also had lunch with Amy Hoski... and she got married today! So a year ago, she was starting her year count-down to getting married...


See you tomorrow!!!
>^..^<

1 comments:

will + adri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That dirt looks delicious! Next time we meet up we will have to devour some dirt with worms! I am glad you have good luck with Craig's List. It's not like I did not try, but everything I've ever gotten from the site has been a bust. Will has banned me from bargain hunting. C'est la vie!

Post a Comment