Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Day 186

July 5th, 2010

July 5th, 2011

While Gus was a rockstar last night and slept through the BOMBS that Gary and Karen shared with the neighborhood, he wasn't quite the rockstar this morning. He was up at 6am and ready to face the day. I, on the otherhand, was not.

I was able to get him to go back to sleep for about thirty minutes, but by that time I was awake. I decided to take advantage of the time I had and work a little more on my anniversary project. 

When I asked Steve a few weeks ago what he wanted for our fifth wedding anniversary (which is this Friday), he said, 'Something handmade." I took that to me, "Don't spend any money." LOL   I racked my brain thinking of the perfect thing to give him, and then it just hit me. It's taken me several days to work on it, but between the time this morning and then when we got home this afternoon and I put Gus down for a nap, I was able to complete the project and wrap it. It's ready for Steve to open!!

This morning was a little "off" for Gus. We had breakfast and had a little bit of time to play. I was completely bummed to see that The Bachelorette wasn't on last night. So, instead of me watching that, we listened to music and played all morning.



We met Steve and Yola and Beth at Tossed in Morrisville for lunch today. We met them at 11:30 and Gus is usually in his crib napping between 11 and 12, so I was VERY nervous about how he'd be in a public place... and being so tired. He did really well, all things considering. He did NOT like the sauce on the pizza that we got him... and refused to eat it. He had the fruit that came with his lunch, some of the juice (WHAT IS WITH THESE PLACES THAT DON'T SERVE MILK???) that came with it (diluted with water) and then I brought him some mandarin oranges (his new favorite). He ate a decent amount, but not enough for me to be totally satisfied.

Here's a picture of Steve and Gus with Yola and Beth:

We said goodbye and headed home and within five minutes, Gus was asleep. He slept all the way home (about 35-40 minutes). When we got home we played for a little bit, but he was rubbing his eyes, so I put him down for a nap. He fought me on the nap,but eventually slept for about an hour.

When he got up, we came downstairs and he had a snack and played until Steve got home.




"Get your own box..."

We had dinner (marinated grilled pork chops, some noodles and peas) and then there were some stroms rolling through, so we went outside to watch the rain. Gus wanted to play in the rain, so we let him. It was thundering so we were extra careful. He was out in the rain for maybe five minutes total, but he got soaked and was a very happy boy!!
Gus playing in the rain

On the screened porch watching the rain




Playing with daddy

:)

We called it a night and put Gus to bed. I'm exhausted. Tomorrow Wendy and the girls are coming over around 10 to watch a movie. I'm super excited! It's been MONTHS since they came over to watch a movie with us and I can't wait!!!

**UPDATE ON MY PARENTS**
So my dad called me tonight (actually my mom called and passed the phone to my dad).. their box that connects the power line from outside to the inside of the house caught on fire!!! Thankfully, his neighbor saw it and told him before anything happened... but still. So now they're without power AGAIN and this time they don't know when they'll get it back.  :(

>^..^<


0 comments:

Post a Comment