Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Day 187


July 6th, 2010

July 6th, 2011

I.
Am.
Exhausted.

Let me start my blog with two pictures from 10am...

Nope, not a "Find Gus" in this picture game... (although, he IS in there... do you see him???). This is my livingroom after Wendy came over and said, "I totally want to go through the pack and play." I should have known better than to think that a simple statement like that could be taken lightly. LOL

I agreed and told her that the pack and play (that was acting as a make-shift toy box) was out of control and needed organizing. I'd been looking EVERYWHERE for the Tigers onesies that my parents gave Gus for his birthday... couldn't find them at all. (I found them today.)

So we started a movie for the kids, and then she and I unpacked the pack-n-play and tried to organize the toys into piles (baby toys, current toys, etc.). Then Wendy said, "I totally want to take the pack-n-play up to the FROG, put your teaching books (chapter books) into it and then use the book shelves for Gus's toys." I said, "No... I don't want the FROG to become the playroom... I'd rather move everything from the guest room into the FROG and use the guest room as a playroom."

That was all I had to say and the wheels started spinning and the plan was set into motion. We started by moving things around in the FROG and then measuring the bed in the guest room (using a string because I couldn't find measuring tape or a ruler). We moved the dresser from the guest room into the FROG and moved the TV from the guest room next. Then we took the bed apart and moved it... then we moved the night stand and the only thing left in the guest room was the fridge. 

We cleaned out one of the closets in the guest room and moved all the linens into the pack-n-play in the FROG. Then we assembled the bed... moved the tv stand from the FROG into the playroom, and then the rest fell into place. 

The livingroom was still a disaster (had not been touched since 10am). We decided to go grab some lunch and take a break. We headed to Wendy's and it was so nice to sit and eat and just relax for a while. We headed back home and went back to work.

After we had all the furniture moved, we started moving the toys from downstairs up to the playroom and organized it. The last thing we did was to rearrange the furniture downstairs in the livingroom. Ahhhhh... at 5:00 we finished and it was just as Steve walked in the door!!

He absolutely loved it all and was so thrilled that all the work was done by someone other than himself. :)

Here are the before pictures of the FROG:
View from the door looking at the window
Now the guest bed is here!!

BEFORE: View from window to door
AFTER: A few things in the room now (like the rocking chair and table)

BEFORE: Guest room with bed

BEFORE: Guest room with dresser and tv

BEFORE: View from the door

AFTER: View of left side of playroom

AFTER: Closet with shelving unit with toys on it

AFTER: Toys, fridge and television

I am absolutely thrilled to have a playroom!!! Not only will Gus love it, but it's across from my desk and I will be able to see him and maybe work on the computer this summer when I get C4 orders. It looks incredible and now I am on the hunt for a table and chairs... though I love the ones at IKEA, so I might just wait until we head to MI in August and pick them up while we're there. 

Last but not least... the livingroom:
BEFORE: View from stairs looking at room
AFTER: My new seat

AFTER: It looks so much bigger!!

AFTER: Where the big couch used to sit

AFTER: View of livingroom from the kitchen

AFTER: From the same spot that the before picture was taken!
Isn't it incredible? I'm going to be paying for it tomorrow when I can't move... but it looks great and I won't need to move furniture like this again for a LONG time to come (got it Wendy???). She wanted to attack our closet but I said not today. I mentioned it to Steve and he said, "I'd let her organize our closet... and I'll go a step further. If she wanted to buy some racks and stuff to organize it, I'd give her the money to buy it!" So... Wendy might have a new project for when we head to MI!!!

Here are some other pictures of Gus from today:
Pulling the box all over the room



Sitting INSIDE the box

Hee hee hee!!

Using the box to reach the chair that Kaitlyn was sitting in...

Playing with his magnet board




I'm beat. I'll write again tomorrow... we're going to a 9:30 playdate at Kristen's and Lacey will be there too with her triplets!! I can't wait to see them!! There will be five kids all born nine days of each other!!! Gus is the 11th of May, Grace is the 15th of May, and the triplets (all fraternal girls) were born on the 20th of May!!! The pictures should be fun and I can't wait to see Gus interact with four girls all around his age!!! Now if only I could find some boys for him to play with!!!

>^..^<

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

From this entire post all I can think is 'i can't wait to start on the closet!!! ' so many ideas running through my head! :) When are you leaving for MI?????
Although it was very hard work, I had a great time with you today. We are a great team!! The rooms look amazing, we have a good eye!! I soaked in steaming hot water so hopefully I wont hurt too too bad tomorrow.
Have a good nights sleep and have fun tomorrow. We'll have to catch up in the afternoon!!!!! Love ya, Wendy

will + adri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

All in a day's work? Holy manoly! You gals busted it out - serious style! I think Wendy needs to go into business as a professional organizer. I have a garage that needs some attention!

Post a Comment