Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 191


July 10, 2010

July 10, 2011

It's funny that I can still vividly remember a year ago today. It was such a wonderful day. It started by Gus and I waking up to see my nephew Eamon and niece Aine... and I had not seen them in over a year. To see how much they had grown and their beautiful faces in person was incredible!! They were super excited to meet Gus and my niece REALLY liked him. She wanted to feed him and help me in any way that she could.
Aine and Gus

Eamon and Gus

Aine feeding Gus

The next most incredible thing was FINALLY seeing my older brother Dave and his wife Heather. Ahhh... there's something about coming home and being reunited with siblings that just gets to me. I miss my brother so very much and it's literally painful to not see him. I miss being around him and Heather and the kids and it's even worse now that I've got Gus. 
Dave and Gus

Then around noon I drove with Gus to Metro airport and we picked up Steve. Talk about a reunion!!! We had been apart since May 30 and when I dropped him off that day in May, I literally cried and sobbed the whole way back to the hotel. I couldn't bear the thought of being without him, and alone with Gus. When I saw him at the airport, my heart raced and I started to cry. Seeing him see Gus again was amazing. Unfortunately, Steve had something going on (sickness) and he felt terrible. He kept a smile on his face, but was miserable inside.

We spent the afternoon with my brother's family and my parents and then headed to Mongolian BBQ (a favorite of ours) for lunch.
Gus meeting his new cousins

Aine, Benton, and Eamon at Mongolian BBQ

We took a family picture for my mom... it's all of her children and grandchildren together. It's the first picture like this and I love it.
We all went to Outback Steakhouse for our final dinner together, and there were fourteen of us. It was magnificent to have both of my brothers there with their families, and my parents, to all have dinner together. I can't even put words to how important it was to me, how very special, and how I'll cherish that day and night forever. 

It felt like home.

Anyway... I could go on a whole tangent about that... but I'll save it for another post. Back to today! We got up and had to take Ned to the groomers (poor dog has been miserable with his winter coat still on). 
Driving to PetSmart

We came home and Steve and Gus played for a little bit:
The new water gun that the Duddings gave to Gus yesterday

Steve went outside and worked on my felt board and second magnet board. I've cleared a spot in the playroom for them. He'll (hopefully) get them mounted on the wall this week.


Then Gus went down for his morning nap. When he got up, he and I went into his playroom and played for a bit. He practiced writing with his AquaDoodle and did a great job!!! Here is the official picture of Gus's first scribble!!!



Notice that he's using his left hand????


We came downstairs and he got dressed and had lunch. After lunch, I gave him a pickle and took some pictures. He really likes pickles!!!




That's the face I was waiting for!!!




HAHAHA!!!




Gus had a great time playing with the pickle... he got it to balance on its own!
 


Giving me the sign for milk!  :) He's so smart!


After lunch we played for the afternoon and then Gus took a nap while I started dinner.

Bacon Baked Beans
 



While my food was cooking... 
Seriously got onto the couch and was about to launch himself over the back...

Rescued (and NOT happy about it) by daddy!

I hate it when I make something that LOOKS so delicious... the ingredients all are delicious, and it ends up tasting like poo. That was the bacon baked beans tonight. BLAH!!! Next time I'll leave well enough alone!!! The biscuits were really good, but didn't look anything like the site that I saw them on. I'm not sure what I did wrong (I mean there are only three ingredients)... but they didn't look like that during any stage of the baking today.

Okay... I'm going to bed. Can you believe that Gus will be 14 months old tomorrow????
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment