Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 197


July 16, 2010

July 16, 2011

This morning Steve and Gus got up and I was able to sleep in a bit. When I finally got up, we headed to the Holly Springs Farmers Market! Steve and I got the dogs some bones from Wilkerson's Farm along with some beef medallions, and some tomatoes, squish, zucchini, and baby Yukon Gold potatoes!
Getting ready to leave the house


The menu board for Wilkerson's Farms
 



Steve in line to buy our potatoes, squash, and zucchini


Once home, the dogs were excited to see what we got them!!

Elphie LOVED her bone! Ned wasn't a fan... which is okay since Elphie will eat it!!

Once we got home, we played for a bit and then I had to leave for my nail appointment and Gus had to go down for his nap!
Playing with his train



Looking at Elphie outside on the deck eating her bone

Annoying Toebe


REALLY annoying Toebe!

When I got back from my nail appointment (my nails look great BTW) our crib tent had arrived! When Gus got up from his nap, I fed him lunch while Steve went up and put the tent together.
Gus had an entire pear today along with left over ravioli and a fruit twist!




The new tent!!

After lunch we played for a bit.



Back to playing with his train!


SOOOOOO ready for another nap!


Even Steve's singing didn't help! LOL

Ready for a nap!

I had planned on making fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and sweet corn skillet but the corn that I just got from Papa Spuds was ROTTEN!!! I mean... moldy AND there were bugs!! I almost threw up it was so gross!

So instead, I made the squash and zucchini-- not what I had wanted to do at all. The fried chicken was REALLY yummy and something I'd make again for sure. The mashed potatoes were also delicious! The veggies... very bland (I steamed them instead of baking/grilling). I know for next time!!
Fried chicken

Yummy taters

Meh veggies...

Tomorrow we start the flooring project and Steve is so nervous about it. I just pray that it goes smoothly and it's as easy as Matt says it is. Jen will be over in the afternoon... so the morning is just me and Gus up here. I've got to get to bed... 

I'll leave you with some pictures of Gus from a year ago:
He was still sleeping in his bassinet in our bedroom with us! Not in his crib where he now can escape from!

Such a happy boy in the morning!

On our way in the car... who knows where we were going!

So stinkin' cute!!! Tummy time!!


He moved himself all the way off the mat!

Gus and daddy

This was the first picture that I said, "Holy smokes!! He looks like Steve!!"

See you tomorrow-- keep us in your prayers that we get the floor done in less than 12 hours and that Steve and Matt don't kill themselves (or each other) tomorrow!!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment