Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 192


July 11, 2010

July 11, 2011

The funniest thing about the two pictures that you see above, is that the Picky Sticky is the exact same size in both pictures. It looks HUGE in the first one because Gus was so teeny-tiny!!

Here's another picture from a year ago today:
This was taken as we were driving back home to NC  :)

So today Gus turned 14 months old. It's still incredible to me that he's getting so big and able to do so much. I'm going to be writing a whole post about his 14 month milestones on his blog after I finish on here. Be sure to check it out if you so choose!

This morning I got up and Gus was awake, but not screaming his head off, so I took a quick shower and then we went into his playroom for a bit.
The $15 table that we just got him


I moved the furniture around

Then we went downstairs and it was about time to head out shopping with Wendy and Ashley. Gus and I had an English Muffin, I took some pictures of him before Wendy came over.



When Gus runs, he does a high-kick thingy... it's hilarious to see in person!


Stopping because he could see his reflection and he had to check himself out!





We went to The Dollar Tree in Apex and I found a couple things that I can use with his light box. He'll be able to build with them and they'll show up on the light box and should look neat with the lights off. Then we headed next door to Five Below. It's a fun store and I got Gus a neck pillow so when he falls asleep in the car, his neck will be comfortable. I also got us a beach umbrella for $5!

After shopping we headed to Red Robin for lunch. Wendy and I shared the BBQ chicken sandwich and Gus and Ashley shared the kids Mac-n-Cheese with mandarin oranges. He ate a lot of it and had about 12 ounces of milk!!
At Red Robin and READY to eat!!

Then we headed to the library so I could return a book that I never even got to read (it has a huge waiting list and I am reading two others and didn't get to it). Around the time that we got to the library, Gus and Ashley both fell asleep. Wendy wanted me to keep driving so they could nap, but I needed to get my face waxed (lol) so instead, I went to the nail place and got a pedicure and waxed. It was so nice!!! I haven't had a pedicure in over seven months!!!

I made an appointment for Saturday and I think I'm going to get my nails put back on. While I like having my own nails, I feel like I'm biting them a lot more than I should, I get hangnails that I never used to get, and my hands look really ugly. So... I'm going to go and see how much it'll be and might go back to getting my nails. We'll see.

While I was in getting pampered, Wendy was in the car with the kids and Gus woke up. She sent me these pictures of him:

Gus and his punch balloon

I drove us back home and then Ash was still asleep so Wendy took her in the car seat into the house. Today was Kaitlyn's first day of Kindergarten and I can't wait to hear how she liked it. Wendy said that she loved it and said it was the best day of her life. So cute!

When we got home, Gus played for a bit and then went down for a nice nap. Here are pictures of Gus before his nap:
Buddah Belly



I think he looks like my niece Lily here (see the below picture for a comparison)


 Steve got home and Gus was still sleep (he took a two hour nap), and then when Gus got up, we played a little while Steve finished his work and then we went to Mamma Mia's for dinner.


Steve and Gus in the playroom

Such a big boy!!


Waving to daddy!

I guess every other Monday and each Saturday night, Mamma Mia's has live music! We had the luck of being there while he was there tonight and Gus LOVED it! He was very excited to hear someone singing and watched the guy pretty much all during dinner.



We got home and it was time to take Gus's 14 month pictures (I had meant to do it before dinner, but we were in a rush).








Lastly, I decided to take a picture of the ring that Steve gave me for my anniversary. I took one already, but this was with my good camera and I think it looks great!

Since I wear it on my right ring-finger, I had to put it on my left hand to take the picture

We don't have any plans tomorrow and I'm excited to watch The Bachelorette tomorrow!!

So the funniest thing happened this afternoon... we had just come home from our day out, and I had put Gus in the livingroom, put my phone down, and went to let the dogs out. I came back inside, and went to the freezer to grab Gus his frozen chewy (for teething) and I saw that he had my phone. He's OBSESSED with my phone... so I traded him the chewy for my phone.

When I looked at the screen, it said, "Press to return to call" and I noticed that my phone was actually on, and Gus had called someone!! It was my mom!!! So I said, "Hello??" and my dad was on the line laughing. Apparently, while I was outside, Gus called, my mom knew it was me because of caller ID, and she kept trying to talk to me, but heard what she thought was crying in the background (it was just music) and thought I was hurt. She panicked and was going to call Steve at work and tell him that there was something going on.

TOO FUNNY!!! So Gus made his first phone call today and decided to call his Gram and Pap.  :)   I did talk to my mom and she's done with PT!!! YAY!!! She also got a date when she can go back to work part time, and then after two weeks she can go back full time! I'm so proud of her recovery!

See you tomorrow!!
I'm off to post on Gus's blog!
>^..^<

1 comments:

WendyandRyan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Today was such fun!!! I love hanging out together! Your ring is ridiculously gorgeous!!! :) I'll see you later today!!

Post a Comment