Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 196


July 15, 2010

July 15, 2011

So... this morning I woke up and it was around 8:50 or so. Gus was in his room chatting to himself, but not enough to seriously wake me. I don't know how I got to sleep for so long, but I did. So I came out to my phone, as I do every morning, and I see that there are voice messages and missed calls and text messages from Steve and Matt.

Steve had called to find out if I still wanted to do the floor since he had just found out that it was significantly more than we had expected. He then texted me to tell me that he needed an answer ASAP for Matt... and Matt had texted me too. It was a lot to take in just waking up.

I got it all straightened out and I looked at the webcam to see what Gus was doing, but it was not available (I hate when it does that). Then I heard a "THUNK" sound. I didn't hear crying, so I assumed he threw something out of his crib.

The next thing I hear is him, really close. So I go to his door and open it... and there he was. OUT OF HIS CRIB!!! He totally climbed the wall of the crib and got out! He was so proud of himself too... had a big smile on his face and was so excited to be out and about!!  :)

I called Steve and told him and we decided that he's too little to move to a toddler bed. So I got us a crib tent (which keeps cats out of there as well) and we'll try that. If that doesn't work... we may be moving him to a toddler bed, but I sure hope not. I don't see him staying put... I see him running around his room and playing with things instead of sleeping. I hope we can buy some time before we have to deal with transitioning to a toddler bed!!!

Matt came over with the Pergo floor and stuff for Sunday. Here's a picture:
One of the last views of the livingroom with carpet!!

The color is darker than I had expected and I was pleasantly surprised!

All stacked and adjusting to our humidity... ready for Sunday morning!

I'm really getting excited for Sunday. I think it'll look awesome and I can't wait to not have to deal with the smell and sight of what the cats have done to the carpet!! As Steve has said, "In four years we've completely destroyed the carpet..." we also agree that we LIVE in the livingroom... so it's natural that it'd be worn. I just think it'll be nice to not have to worry about spills and whatnot with Gus.

Here are some picture of Gus playing this morning before we met Wendy and the girls for some fun at Chick-Fil-A:


Peek-A-Boo!!

We played at Chick-Fil-A for about two hours and had a blast!!
Kaitlyn tickling Gus!


Gus loves balloons!!



The perfect place to climb!!


Ashley was really good with Gus today too!

Today was the last day of Kaitlyn's break... she starts Kindergarten full-time on Monday!







Wendy took Gus up and then they went down the slide together!

"Hello mama!!"

Weeeeeeee

I tied the balloon to the back of Gus's shorts!



Steve sent me a text that he was on his way home, so we headed home as well. I put Gus down for a nap and then once he got up, he and Steve and I played in the playroom together for a bit.

Gus loves his Scout

His two chatty friends...



Tomorrow the crib tent should arrive. We're going to the Holly Springs Farmers Market in the morning and then I've got a nail appointment at 11. We're going to Wal-Mart to get the sliders for the furniture tomorrow as well. I am going to get items to make Kristen's meatballs and sauce recipe (can't wait) and then I'm making buttermilk fried chicken breasts, a new creamed corn recipe and mashed potatoes for dinner. Maybe the 7-Up biscuits too. 

See you tomorrow!!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment