Monday, August 01, 2011

Day 213


August 1st, 2010

August 1st, 2011

Around 3:30 this morning, Gus decided to wake up and cry loud enough that Steve and I ran into his room because he was quite upset. We were able to get him to go back down shortly after, and last I recall, it was 4:00. I had hoped that he'd sleep until after 8, but he decided that 6:45 was the right time to get up. Needless to say, I am tired!

We got up and I picked him up from his crib. He seemed lighter to me for some strange reason. His bottom seemed wet, but I didn't really think a lot of it. We headed downstairs so I could change him, get him dressed, and feed him breakfast. When I put him on the changing table, I undid the snaps on his onesie... and was shocked to see skin-- and no diaper! How my son gets his entire diaper off, while keeping his onesie snapped and untouched is beyond me. He truly is a baby Houdini!!

So, after being changed and dressed, I fed Gus breakfast while I watched The Bachelorette reunion from last night. It was okay... but I still don't like her much (the Bachelorette). She wasn't my favorite, and I'm eager to watch tonight's show in the morning to see who she picks. I'm hoping it's JP.

We were going to go to church this morning, but as I said before, I didn't really like the priest. So we're going to try Wednesday instead and see how that goes. I think we're going to make a permanent switch to going on Friday mornings. We usually have playdates and stuff during the week, and Fridays are always our relaxed day, and I went on a Friday and liked the priest. We'll see.

We headed over to Kristen's and had fun (as usual). Grace and Gus are so fun to watch together and the older they get, the more the are starting to actually play together. It's not much though... it's still parallel play, and will be for another couple of months (I think they start to play together as they get closer to two). Grace is definitely more aggressive than Gus and she tried to hit him a few times. He's so laid-back... he just looked at her like she was crazy, and looked at Kristen as if to ask, "Are you going to take care of this?" LOL

Here are some fun pictures from today (some of them are the ones that Kristen took):
Playing with the wheels on the wagon (he loves wheels)

Attempting to get his sippy back from Grace (it was a no-go)

Chillin' on mama

Trying to get Nathan (the kitty)

Playing with the Elmo books (He has the same books)

I was reading "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" to them

Baby Mum Mum in one hand, Fruit Twist in the other




Such a beautiful picture of Grace!  :)


FASCINATED with the sorting rings!!








We have this same Leap Frog book!

Gus decided to climb on top of the table and dance!


SOOOO proud of himself!

They had fun playing on the pillows



Smacking Gus?

Getting away from Grace

Peek-a-Boo!!

Grabbing Gus's shirt... 

Zombie boy

We left Kristen's around 12:30 or so and Gus passed out in the car before I left her subdivision!! He was so sleepy! I decided to get lunch while I was out, and of course, I got Taco Bell. :)

We got home and Gus woke up... still very sleepy. He had a GREAT lunch and then was still sleepy so I put him in his crib around 2:00 and he slept until just after 5:00. He woke up about five minutes before Steve got home.

Here are some pictures from the rest of tonight:

TOTALLY ready for bed (he goes to the stairs when he's tired... it's how we know he's ready for a nap)

Tomorrow we were supposed to go to a playdate for MOMS Club, it's just down the street, but the lady that's hosting had to push the time back to 10:30 and Gus goes down for a nap around 11. We have lunch plans with Azizi tomorrow (I can't wait to see her!!! It's been almost a year since I last saw her!!), so we have to be in Fuquay at 1:00... so we're not going to the playdate tomorrow. It's okay though... we had a lot of fun today.

Tomorrow is my last day of "freedom" for at least eight months. I'm anxious to start my classes. Kristen and I were talking about it and she brought up a good point about buying the textbooks... she said I'll be able to do the readings and stuff while we drive to MI and back... and I can do the quizzes when I get a chance, but that I can at least stay up to date with the readings. I'm glad that I talked to her because now I don't feel like I'm going to get so far behind by being gone for the ten days!!

Here are some additional pictures of Gus from a year ago:
Sleeping on my lap


So darn cute!!!

Anyway- see you tomorrow!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment