Thursday, August 04, 2011

Day 216


August 4th, 2010

August 4th, 2011

This morning I had considered going grocery shopping, but Gus was in a mood so I decided to put it off until after his morning nap. Here are some pictures of Gus and Purry from this morning:





While he napped, I considered going onto Career Step and doing more hours, but I wanted to get our family website updated with pictures. We are now current up to August. I'm so glad I take the time to re-size pictures as I take them and I have separate folders that I named "For Website" that I can just copy the re-sized pics and paste them into the Walker Website images folder. Sounds more complicated than it actually is.

Here are some pictures from grocery shopping:




Funny thing happened while we were grocery shopping. So I grabbed two bags of Great Value (Wal-Mart brand) French fried onions... and somehow Gus managed to grab one of them and it was on his lap while we shopped. I didn't think much of it. So we get to the check out and (mind you- the entire time we shopped I was smelling fried onions) I put the one bag on the belt and I'm looking for the other one. I assumed that I forgot to grab a second bag, and I went about my business of unloading the cart. Then I go to grab my wallet (I keep it in the pocket at the front of the cart)... and I see the bag sitting in Gus's lap. He had opened the bottom of the bag (must have poked it) and had been eating the fried onions while we shopped!!! 

So... we came home and had lunch and the Gus played with the new stacking rings that I got him.

I got a text from my dad asking if I wanted this easel that he picked up for me (for free):
It's plexiglass and exactly like the one that I wanted! We are also taking the two chairs. :)

I got some great news about Will and Adri!! They met an expectant mother today and are officially matched with her! She's due in about a month with a little girl!!! So if all goes well, they'll be parents in about a month!!! We are so excited for them and cannot wait to see them as parents! They'll be incredible and their baby will be so lucky! It made me think about the excitement and nerves that we felt when we found out about Gus! We are so blessed and lucky to have him in our lives! Thank God his birth parents chose us and trusted in themselves to make a decision that was the best for them and the best for him. :)

I've been working on my program tonight since 7 and this section is about computers. I read this stuff and for the most part I'm like, "DUH!!" but then they give a quiz and purposely add extra multiple choice letters-- stumped me and I put e thinking it was the next letter available, and there was no e it was f. Then I missed a few from spelling mistakes... I spelled compact disc as compact disk... and got it wrong. It's the little mistakes that piss me off. Like really? Test the content knowledge not the damn mechanics!!

Anyway-- I need to get back to my studies. My goal is to complete this unit tonight and I'm 50% of the way through it. It's a BIG one and I'll have to take a unit test at the end... I hope I do well on it!!

Here are some pictures from a year ago:


Nite!
>^..^<

1 comments:

will + adri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We're so excited we can hardly contain ourselves! We'll keep you posted as things unfold! It is definately one of the most magical days of our lives!

(That's so funny about Gus eating the fried onions! How silly that he wanted to sample those straight out of the cart!)

Post a Comment