Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 255


September 12th, 2010

September 12th, 2011

This morning came too quickly. Thankfully I went to bed at a decent hour last night. Gus was up and crying at 6:40. I thought he'd go back to sleep, so I jumped in the shower and as I expected, he was still up when I got out. He wasn't hysterical or anything like that, but he was crying and very unhappy that I had not come in to get him.

We headed downstairs...



He decided to move from going backwards to going forwards



He LOVES my flash!

We got downstairs and had breakfast. Gus had a HUGE breakfast... 1/2 a bagel and a whole banana. He also had some milk. I was certain that it was 11 and when I looked at the clock, it said 8:45. YIKES.

It made for a REALLY long day. Gus took an hour and a half nap at 10 and was up at 11:30 and ready for lunch. I didn't feel like messing with anything, so we headed out to McDonald's for lunch. He ate two nuggets, a couple fries and an entire bag of apple dippers, plus a container of milk.





After lunch we played for a while downstairs. Gus crawled into the dogs' cage and I took a picture after he closed the door. FYI-- he has a THING about things being closed. If it's not closed, he'll close it whether or not it's meant to be closed!!



It was 2:30 and I decided to bring him upstairs and start getting ready for a nap. I wanted to wish his birthmom a happy birthday, and since she loves Spongebob, I drew a picture and wanted to take a picture of Gus with the picture. It was very challenging to get him to stay put long enough... and then I finally taped the picture to his chest.

So cute!

I just wanted her to know that we were thinking about her on her special day. I hope the picture of Gus with the picture made her smile.

Gus played for a bit and then it was time for his afternoon nap.


He slept for a little more than an hour and I was able to work on my new unit: Mastering Medical Word Building. YUCK. It's like homophones and homonyms... but with medical terms! YIKES!! It's taking a while to get through it because I'm printing the word lists and putting them into my notebook. I actually started writing by hand, but wised up and printed instead. I've got until Thursday to get it done... I think I can do it. I'm going to work tonight for an hour or so, and then I'll work tomorrow.

Tomorrow night I tutor Gulbike. I'm going to use my tutoring money to pay for Gus to take classes at The Little Gym if he likes it tomorrow. I think he will... I got a call from a lady there today. I had put info in the computer while trying to get prices, but I wasn't able to register, and she got my info but didn't have anything but my name and phone number to go on. So she called to see if I had any questions. 

I'm glad she called because she gave me pricing and it's actually do-able for a month. I figure we'll do it for the five weeks and see how he likes it. If he's really into it, we can think about doing more. I'm REALLY excited to go tomorrow with Katie and Emma! The group that we'll be with tomorrow is made up of 18-24 month olds, but she said Gus would be welcome to see if that group meets his needs. If not, we can move to the 12-18 month old class.

Steve stopped and got Kobe (Japanese style hibachi) for dinner. It was delicious! After dinner we spent a little bit of time outside on the porch talking and catching up.


Toebe






Steve had some things to do outside, so I took Gus in and we played for a bit before bed. I bought some plastic play food from eBay and it arrived today. Gus was super excited to see it and play with it.


On a quest for the Elmo ball...



We put Gus to bed and now I'm ready to start class!



I'll try to take pictures tomorrow of Gus at The Little Gym... and I'll for sure share how it was. I'm hoping that he has as much fun as I think he'll have!!
See you tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment