Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 325


November 21st, 2010

November 21st, 2011

We had a REALLY busy day today! I got up around 7:45 and Gus was still asleep. I was able to get in the shower and just as I was getting out, Gus was stirring. 

The carpet repair guys arrived around 8:15 and they were able to repair the carpet upstairs and on the landing and it looks AMAZING! Now we just need to keep it clean until we move.

Suzanne arrived at 8:30 and because of everything upstairs, she had to start downstairs, which threw her off a bit. She went with the flow though and was able to get everything done that we usually have done.

At 9:00 Gus and I left to head over to Lacey's for a playdate. We hadn't seen her and the girls since before Halloween! It's almost been a month (October 26th was the last time we saw them).

We played for a while and then Kristen and Grace left. It was a BEAUTIFUL day (highs around 77), so we headed outside to Lacey's backyard and the kids played outside for a while. 

My dad called, so I chatted with him for a bit while Lacey pulled the kids in the triple wagon. Gus had so much fun playing with the girls outside!
In the swing

Triple Wagon





Enjoying the beautiful day




Getting into trouble with Reagan




Climbing into the wagon





It was getting to be lunch/nap time so we said our goodbyes and headed home. We had lunch and then it was time for Gus's nap. He slept for three hours!!

While Gus napped, I watched Breaking Dawn Part I... it was so good! Then Gus got up and we watched videos of him as a baby... he really enjoyed that!


Post-nap snack



Watching himself on the television

I tutored Gulbike tonight-- I can probably get two more sessions with her and then that's it. I'm hoping that we can do a virtual (Skype) session... we'll see.

We've got The Little Gym tomorrow and I'm defrosting the bird. Then on Wednesday I'll start the brining process and then cook it on Thursday. We're going to have mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, rolls, stuffing, turkey, and dessert. It's a lot of food for two and a half eaters.

Here are some pictures of Gus from a year ago!








Last bit of news--- we got notification today that the appraisal has to go through a "desk review." This means that the house is NOT ours just yet... they have to go over it all with a fine-toothed comb... apparently this is the "norm" now days because of the market. Hmmmm... we should hear something by MONDAY. GRRRRRRR.... I'll be so glad to just have it all be done with!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment