Sunday, December 04, 2011

Day 338

December 4th, 2010

December 4th, 2011

Gus was up in the middle of the night last night for the first time in a week. It's moments like that, that make me second guess the desire to adopt another baby. I feel like we're going to get Gus to where he's finally sleeping through the night without any interruptions and then a baby will enter the mix and we'll be sleepless for another three years. LOL.

Anyway, we didn't do anything much today- we watched football. The Bengals played the stupid Steelers (I hate them as much as I hate the Patriots) and they lost. The good thing was that because it was against the Steelers, it was televised, but the bad thing was that they lost and Steve gets so passionate about it. It's all fun and games when they win, but when they lose-- holy moly.


I made Gus's footprint gifts today. Steve helped with getting the footprints and then I worked my magic and finished the rest. I am quite impressed with my end result. We'll be sending these out once we move. I've got a gift for C that we're waiting for and it'll arrive in GA. So the Grandparents will get theirs in person, I've got one for each of Gus's birth parents and their families, and then his Great Grandma Marge will get one and so will his God Mother. :-)

I've got the gifts for my nieces and nephew for Christmas to mail to MI and then in that box is my nephew's birthday gift (his birthday is super close to Christmas). We renewed the Phoenix Zoo membership for my niece and nephews in AZ, so they're done. All we have left to do is something for our own parents. I also didn't get Steve anything... but he's saying not to, because of the house.

So... all is set here in our home! This weekend Steve worked really hard to take things down that we needed to remove and to get things in place for Thursday. 
HOW
CRAZY
THAT
WE
MOVE
FRIDAY.

Our last weekend in this house was good. Steve was a little sentimental tonight when we were giving Gus his bath. He's sad that Gus won't have any memories of this house. It's special to us because it's the house that we brought him home to from MI. However, I am eager for him to grow up in the new house with a nice big back yard, an awesome playset, a trampoline, and a big basement. He's going to be very lucky to have such a wonderful place to call home.

We had chicken strips and Smiles for dinner with broccoli covered in cheese. It wasn't terrible. Tomorrow Steve is on his own because I'm going out with Kristen and Lacey for a "MNO" and I can't wait. I haven't been out in AGES-- MONTHS. Should be a good time.




Tomorrow we're going to the Tot Lot for a play date and I'm eager to see Gus play on the smaller playset and it's fenced in (YAY)!! It'll be our last play date with Lacey and the girls. It'll also be the last time that we see Oliver and Melanie. I really hope we find as great of friends in GA as we have here. We've been very blessed.

Our realtor is coming tomorrow at 4 to talk about putting the house on the market and what price he thinks would be a good starting point. I pray that we are able to sell this house quickly!!

Here are some pictures from a year ago-- we had just had our first snow of the year and Gus got to experience his very first snow (though, I didn't take him out to play in it). I'm thankful that it was in the 60s today... no snow for us yet this season!!





We were so excited that he was FINALLY able to hold the bottle on his own!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment