Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Year of Gratitude # 73

A Year of Gratitude #73: Photo Buddy

Have I told you about my new friend Kathryn? She's in my MOMS Club and she is absolutely wonderful. She is a year older than me, and has a little girl named Aubree who turned two in January.

Kathryn is a serious rock star. She and Aubree came over today for a playdate, and while she was here, I learned that she has an Emmy Award. Yes folks, a REAL Emmy! She got it for her writing... she wrote a piece about teachers. She's a former reporter and was an on-air news reporter. She has lived an incredible life and I'm fascinated to hear her stories.

She loves photography as much as I do and today, she brought her camera with her. I told her it'd be fun for her to take pictures of the kids and I'd take some and we could share. It's always neat to see how someone else views the world from behind their lens. I think the pictures are great. The lighting was a bit of an issue (it was not the perfect lighting scenario), but between the two of us, we got some great pictures.

Here are a few of my favs. 
I love the angle of this picture (Kathryn took this one)

The Baby Goldfish were a big hit today!

Aubree feeding a fish to a dinosaur

Aubree wanted to give Gus a hug

These are some of the pictures that I took:









I'm thankful to have a friend who loves taking pictures as much as I do! I've loved getting to know Kathryn and think she's a great person. She has helped me with planning MOMS Club activities and she's a lot of fun to be around. We're going to the Georgia Aquarium together on Thursday and then next Wednesday, she and I are taking the kids to the Atlanta Zoo and we're meeting Christy and the boys there.

Aubree is such a sweet little girl. She loves trains, cars, and dinosaurs. She and Gus get along great and both have very laid-back, easy-going personalities. We always have a good time when we're playing with them.

I'm thankful to have met Kathryn and Aubree!

0 comments:

Post a Comment