Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #77

A Year of Gratitude #77: Family Movie Night Tradition

If you do something more than once, it can be considered a tradition right? I'm taking it and running with it.

Today is Saturday, and just like last Saturday, we decided that tonight we'd order pizza and have Family Movie Night. It was another huge success!

We got a flyer in the mail today, advertising the grand opening of a Marco's Pizza! I couldn't believe my eyes. I grew up having Marco's Pizza at my Aunt Margie's house!!! When we'd stay the night at her house, she'd order from Marco's. My parents never ordered from there, because it wasn't close enough to deliver to our house. 

Anyway, we decided to give 'em a try. I will say that hands down, it was the best pizza that we've had since moving here (figures... it's from a MI place)!! We had less than 30 minutes before it arrived, and then we headed downstairs for dinner and a movie.

We decided to watch Being Elmo. It was so good! Gus liked seeing Elmo and the other Sesame Street characters, and I loved the background and story about the guy that is the puppeteer for Elmo. It was so very interesting.

After dinner, we let Gus watch a Leap Frog video about counting and then we headed upstairs for bed. It was an easy bedtime tonight... hopefully Gus sleeps well and doesn't wake until after 8am tomorrow.

I'm thankful for this new tradition in our house. Steve suggested that we invite PB over with his wife and three kids and include them on our Family Movie Night... I said I think that'd be fun. We'll see if we can make it happen.

I'm looking forward to our next Family Movie Night!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment