Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Month of Gratitude: Day 15

Day 15: Pinterest

I know there are people out there that don't use Pinterest, but I am not one of them. I absolutely love Pinterest and go on daily to see what new ideas are out there. I have 98 boards, 1,396 followers, and I've pinned 9,523 things. I absolutely LOVE this site.


Most recently, I've been searching for ideas for Hugh's first birthday party. Initially, we weren't going to do anything for his birthday. Then I got to thinking (as Steve would say- "Ught Oh..."), he's my last baby. There won't be another 1st birthday to celebrate (this thought brings tears to my eyes). So we I decided that something should be done. After all, we had a party for Gus, why not have one for Hugh?

I embarked on a search for Baby's 1st Birthday on Pinterest and hit the mother load. I found so many cute themes... but had to stop when I saw "Winter ONEderland." How appropriate is that?!?! His birthday is December 19th, the last day of fall and kicking off winter. I saw SO MANY cute ideas and just fell in love.


Once my theme was picked, I started looking for ideas specific to this theme. I found tons of boards and pins and I was able to find an Etsy shop called "Amanda's Parties to Go" and bought a complete party package for $25. It has a custom banner with Hugh's name, pictures, labels for food, decorations, banners, cupcake toppers, and much much more. All I had to do was get it printed, and thankfully, that wasn't a problem.

It'll take me a month to cut everything out, but that's not a problem.


Now I'm trying to figure out what I'll be serving. So far I've got a few things decided, but I'm still trying to decide on the cake/cupcakes/cookies and then the actual food for everyone to eat. Since the majority of his friends are going to be less than a year old, it's really food for the moms and the older kiddos.

I did use Pinterest to help me with ideas for Hugh's invitation and I'm proud to say that I saved myself $20 by designing it myself. I think it turned out really cute! I mailed them this past week and have been hearing back from his friends if they'll be able to attend or not.

Yes, I actually made this whole thing myself!


Pinterest is so awesome. I love all the ideas I get from the different pins, and while sometimes I actually go and look at the website where the pin came from, sometimes I just like the picture. 

I think you can tell a lot about a person based on the things they pin and the boards they have.





I've made a lot of things that I found on Pinterest. Several of our dinners have come from Pinterest and I have some go-to apps for parties and potlucks that I found from Pinterest. It makes me wonder what's to come in the future. 

Anyway, having Pinterest has made planning Hugh's 1st birthday party more enjoyable and less stressful than had I been doing all this on my own. I'm grateful for the inspiration I get from others and I feel like it's my duty to keep pinning to pass on the goodies that I find and pin.

Now I need to get back to pinning and searching for food for Hugh's party!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment