Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 13

My baby is a super-star!!! He went to the doctor's today for his follow-up flu shot and not only did he only cry for like ten seconds, but they weighed him and he's at 19.5 pounds!! We go again next month for the nine month appointment and I'll get his full measurements (she only weighed him today because I asked).

I feel like Gus has turned a corner with his feedings and I couldn't be happier! He had some apple cinnamon oatmeal for lunch today and gobbled it all up and had some water from the sippy cup (just a little water though). Then tonight, I asked Steve to feed him (since it should NOT always be me feeding him) and while Steve was hesitant (he's only fed him solids once before and it was a disaster), Gus was SOOOO hungry and phening for more and more yogurt! It was incredible and I was so proud of him! Gus ate an ENTIRE container of vanilla yogurt!!! Then he had some cheese puffs and more water (again... just a little to get him used to the sippy).

To top the entire day off, we had the best night last night! Gus went to bed at 8:00 last night and literally slept until 8:15 this morning and didn't wake at all! Over twelve hours of uninterrupted sleep!!! This was the very first time he's done that and I was estatic!!! Let's just hope that he does the same tonight!!



I want to share this picture because in my opinion, it's the greatest picture that I've ever taken in my entire life. I think it captures so much and the saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words" came to mind when I saw it. Gus absolutely loves and adores me... truth be told, he's a mama's boy and I like it that way (LOL). BUT... there is no one, and I mean no one that he loves like his papa. When Steve comes home from work, the look on Gus's face is pure joy and their bond is magical. All children should be so blessed to have such adoration and love for their fathers.

I know that I am important to Gus, and he sees me as the primary care provider (because I am), but there's something so very special about the relationship between Gus and Steve. I can't quite put words to it. It was there from day one. From the minute that Steve held Gus in his arms, there was a bond unlike one that I had. In fact, it took me a few days before I felt a bond with Gus. I was so worried about the feelings of his birth mom, that I didn't let myself attach to Gus. Steve totally abandoned all sense of uncertainty and bonded with his son immediately.

Anyway... this picture is my favorite and says so much to me. I could look at it for hours and have a perma-grin on my face. I pray that the love that this picture conveys only grows stronger and the relationship between Gus and Steve only deepens as Gus gets older.

Until tomorrow...
>^..^<

1 comments:

Alison said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love this post! So sweet! We have been giving Charlotte water pretty regularly, so I think it's OK that you give it to Gus. I have no idea what the "rule" is for water, but she loves drinking from my cup. She likes the sippy cup, but has a hard time with it. She gets frustrated and then I end up just taking the top off an letting her drink from it. She doesn't get much though! :)

Post a Comment