Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 15

Good Morning Gus!

On Our Way to Lunch!

Today was a great day and I am so thankful that it's the weekend. It's so nice to have Steve home and be around him. :)   

Gus got up relatively early this morning, but slept all the way through the night again and got 11.25 hours of sleep. Steve got up with him and took him downstairs and I went to work on my MOMS Club newsletter (I'm the newsletter editor). It took me FOREVER because I make each button from scratch and save them as .jpg files. It took about three hours just to make the buttons for the February newsletter. I highly doubt any of the MOMS Club members even appreciate the effort put into the stupid thing, but I can't do a half-ass job at it.

After wasting the morning doing that, I went downstairs and had breakfast and watched some television. We watched Ghost Adventures and it was pretty good... I absolutely love that show (it's on the Travel Channel every Friday night). If you've never seen it, you're missing out-- and they show real stuff in case you're skeptical.

I mailed (actually, Steve mailed) my request for two certified copies of my divorce decree from Washtenaw County. Talk about slow... and stupid. I had to call the vital records office because there's NOTHING on their stupid website about ordering divorce decrees. Then I got a message and had to listen to all these options and then it was a recording telling me the address and to send a check that's "not to exceed $25" and mail it with a SASE so they can send me back my stuff. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long.

Anyway, after watching GA, Steve and I packed up Gus and headed to Hibachi X-Press for some lunch. We bought two Groupons a few months ago and they expire in a month, so I figured we better use one now. It was so yummy and because we used a Groupon, we got another coupon for $5 off a $10 purchase! Cha-Ching!

Then we stopped at Lowes (I stayed in the car) while Steve went in to get a door guard for the screen porch (the cats made a hole and Toebe was able to get out). Because of the hole, the cats haven't been allowed on the porch and they've been begging to go out (they love the fresh air and to prowl for birds, squirrels, and other creatures).

We got our weekly shopping trip completed and didn't do too badly with our grocery budget. It helps that we use e-Mealz and I've created a stock of "staples" that we have on hand and I can make just about anything for dinner without too much effort. We recently got a subscription to Relish! and it's been really awesome. I made a whole bunch of meals this last week from their menus and we really liked them.

Tonight I made EZ Black Bean Pita Tostados and they were out of this world delicious! Here's what you need/do:
- Can of Fat-Free refried black beans
- Whole Wheat Pitas
- Shredded Cheese
- Fat-Free Sour Cream
- Lettuce
- Tomatoes

You take a pita and spread the black beans on it, then add cheese. Put it on a baking sheet in an oven set at 425 for 6-8 minutes. Then when it comes out, add the sour cream, lettuce and tomato and you have a delicious dinner!  :)

After dinner we watched football (BLA) and saw the stupid Steelers beat the Ravens. I could hardly care less about these two teams, but I LOATHE the Steelers. Mainly because of their stupid quarterback and I could start on a rage about my feelings about that... but I'll stop myself now.

Anyway, we got Gus ready for bed and let him climb the stairs again. He LOVES it... and we figure it can't hurt if we're here with him. Once again, he made us so proud and is getting better and better! I documented the whole ordeal and wanted to share. Enjoy!


















How awesome is he??? I am so smitten!

Until tomorrow...
>^..^<

1 comments:

will + adri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Look out! Gus is on the loose! Look at him go! I cannot believe he is already getting up the stairs!

OMG! We love Ghost Adventures and Paranormal State. Zack on GA cracks me up.

Post a Comment