Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 14


Today was another great day! Gus slept until 7:30 and then he was up until about 2:00 and he took an hour and a half nap in his crib. I've been doing a really good job of bringing him up here for his naps. It's not always easier, but it's better for him and once I'm up here, I can get on the computer and get some work done.

Gus did a great job eating his lunch today and devoured some peaches and apples. He's been eating like a champ these last few days and I am finally starting to think maybe he's finally into the habit of eating solids!!

My son is quite the explorer! Today he was climbing everything he could, and decided to try and play near his swing. I had to come over and stand close so if he started to fall, I could be there to make sure he was okay (the swing... well, it swings and I didn't want him to get hurt). Anyway, the above picture cracked me up because not only was he standing up, but decided to go at it one handed! A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

This evening, my former coworkers had a get together to celebrate a good friend's birthday. I absolutely love and adore Kim, and was so excited to be invited to come out and celebrate with everyone. I was even more excited when Jen said she was going, and that I was going to be taking Gus with me. He was a big hit and many of my former coworkers were delighted to meet him for the first time! Some had never met him before, so it was a long eight months before seeing him for the first time in person!!

Gus and Jen

Gus and I got home around 6:30 and had dinner with Steve (I made crock-pot chicken pot pie and it was delicious!) and then we watched Grey's Anatomy and headed up to put Gus to bed. Gus decided that he wanted to attempt the stairs, and so Steve stood behind him while he tried to climb.

Well... the attempt turned into more than just an attempt. He actually mastered the climb and made it all the way to the top without falling down. Steve was right there behind him to make sure nothing happened, but it was incredible. When Gus got to the top, I talked to him and got him to follow me into his room. Steve said, "I'm having a moment right now... I can't believe that he was once so tiny and now he's climbing the stairs and heading into his own room." Ahhhh... where has the time gone???


I was so very proud of Gus tonight... it must have felt like a MOUNTAIN for him to climb all those stairs... and yet he did it. He was so excited when he was done and was shreeking and we clapped and cheered for him. I'm sure this is just the beginning of all the proud moments to come our way!!!


I wonder what this weekend will bring???
Until tomorrow...
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment