Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 44


So we head to Michigan in three days... and I cannot wait! I can wait for the drama and stress though, and it seems like it's only going to get worse. I did call my cousin Jessica... I was having a major need to vent and she was just the perfect person to call.

So basically what happened was an email from Gus's birth father's mother. She wasn't rude in the email, but she asked if the next trip (May/June) if we could please schedule more time for them to spend with him. I thought we were doing well as it is... and it just stressed me out. We're trying to please everyone and trying to see everyone, and still have time for us and my parents, and it's just too much. So, we live and we learn. Next trip... we tell people that we'll have x amount of time open and we'll be at x location and they can either come or not. If it's a priority to see Gus, they'll make it happen.

I think the fact that we're coming is going to open up some wounds that might not have healed for everyone in Gus's birth family. I think some of them have come to terms and are happy to have the contact and openness... but others haven't had to face it since May, and now it's back. Seeing him might be more difficult than expected and could be painful for them. 

It's all part of the deal and with the highs come the lows... but it's not easy. Gus's entire birth mom's side have been fabulous about the whole thing. They're so incredible and supportive. It's the birth father's side... and it shouldn't surprise me, with their antics and the drama from May into July with them. I thought it was behind us, and we'd start fresh for Gus, but we'll see. I'm hoping that it'll go well, but as Steve put it, "Don't piss us off."

 I guess everyone wants to spend time with him and wants to "bond" with him as much as they can, and I can see where having an hour with him seems like they're being short-changed. However... they are the ones who picked a Thursday night at 5:30 to meet up. There's only so much time to be spent with a nine-month-old when you're coming at 5:30 to meet him. I'm praying that Gus is in a good mood at that time, since he's usually winding down for the night. I told her that Sunday afternoon would be MUCH better and could give them more time with him... but we'll see. She was very set on it being a Thursday or Friday night.

As you can tell... I'm a little stressed and upset about the whole thing. I don't want anyone to feel left out, but at the same time, I feel like we're bending over WAY TOO MUCH for this trip. This was supposed to be my "I'm homesick and want to see family" trip... not let's drive around Detroit and see everyone BUT my family trip.

Anyway... moving on to other parts of today.

Steve made me breakfast this morning... and little G slept until almost 10. It's incredible to wake up on your own and not to the sound of crying. I've said it before, but it's the little things you cherish.

We went to Wal-Mart for some needed items for the week and for our trip. While we were driving to WM I took this picture of Gus:
We got home and Steve wanted to start packing, so we went into our room and I watched Gus while he packed.



Then I called Jessica while Gus was napping. I love her and I'm so thankful to have her in my life. We were so close when we were younger, and then time slipped away and we grew apart. I'm so thankful that we're closer and reconnected because I think she's wonderful. She's another one in my family that I'd totally pick as a friend. (See other post from today about this.)

I made hobo packets for dinner (sliced kielbasa, cubed potatoes and corn in a foil packet, add some spray butter and salt and then bake at 450 for 40 minutes)... so delicious! I also made buckeyes for my dad and some for Wendy as well. My dad will get the majority of them though (sorry Wendy).  ;)

Gus had some potatoes for dinner tonight and he LOVED them! He's becoming such a great eater and it makes me so happy!!
While we watched tv this evening, I took some pictures of Gus.



Tomorrow we have Gus's nine-month well-baby appointment at 3:30. I'm eager to see how much he weighs and to see what the doctor thinks about his development. I also want her to check the blister on his lip... maybe she can remove it. We'll see. I'll post the stats on his blog tomorrow, but probably on this one as well.
See you tomorrow!
>^..^<
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment