Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 46


Last night was a rough night for me... I kept smelling cat urine and couldn't fall asleep because I thought I was going to puke. How gross is that? Not only is it gross...but Steve used the black light and found NOTHING. Hmmm... anyway, I ended up moving to the guest room at 12:30 because I couldn't take it anymore. From 12:30-6:00 was the best sleep that I've had in ages. No cats. No talk-radio. No ticking of the clock on Gus's baby monitor. Complete silence and it was beautiful.

Steve came in at 5:30 and plugged in the baby monitor and then around 6 I heard Gus stirring. I changed him and fed him and then he went back down. I was able to sleep until around 9ish... he was very tired.

When we got up, I started to pack stuff and while I was getting things organized, I looked to see him starting to enter Elphie's crate. It made me laugh, so I thought I'd take some pictures.

After playing in the crate, I took a shower and then we went downstairs and I watched The Bachelor (SPOILER ALERT)... I was SO glad that stupid Michelle went home. I hated her so much. Now I just can't wait to see who he ends up with... my guess is Chantal (the one that smacked him, not the mortician). Next week is the home-town dates and I can't wait to see what happens (yes... I know it's just a tv show, but it brings me joy).


After a little bit Gus was ready for his morning nap, so we came back upstairs and I put him down and did his weekly blog. I got some things organized for tomorrow... but I always end up forgetting something. No matter how many days in advanced I plan, I always forget something. Maybe this time will be the one time that I don't. We'll see.


Gus was back up around 12:30 so we went back downstairs and had lunch. He's been very clingy to be lately... absolutely must be in my arms at all times (which I love BTW). When I put him down, he made the frowny face and started to cry. Here's a picture...
How pittiful is that? Of course you can't not pick him up when he's crying like that. He doesn't cry all the time however, so here are two pictures of him cruising around my legs:

The bottom one was him trying to climb up into my lap.


Wendy came over around 1:30 and stayed for about two hours. I gave her her birthday present (Umbro shorts and an ass-load of candy, and a kick-ass card), a day early (it's tomorrow) because I won't see her until we return next week. She took the girls home and I brought Gus upstairs with the intention of napping, but he had other plans, and didn't fall asleep AT ALL. :D


Steve got home and I was finally able to pack for the trip. I had planned on making cheeseburgers for dinner, but the meat wasn't defrosted so we ended up going to Chick-Fil-A instead.


While in the drive-thru line, our neighbor Steve, came up to our car and appologized to Steve for his behavior the other day. I don't know if I blogged about it or not, but he flipped out the other day about Ned pooping in his yard (no proof that it's Ned) and was throwing dog poop into our yard. Steve had just gone out to let the dogs out when he saw neighbor Steve flinging poop. When my Steve asked what was wrong, and offered to come clean it up, neighbor Steve went off and said he didn't feel like dealing with Steve, and just wanted everyone to keep their damn dogs on a leash and not shit in his yard. Then he stormed into his house.


The next day, my Steve asked if neighbor Steve had come over to appologize yet. He had not. We didn't think he would ever. However, he was behind us in the drive-thru and saw my car (my plates say C@hy and it's one-of-a-kind, so he knew it was us). There were a million people in line, and so he got out and came up to the window. 


He said he was really sorry about how he acted and it hasn't set right with him since. He was having a bad day and didn't mean to take it out on Steve. It was very nice of him to say sorry. Steve said something about how he'd like to get rid of the little dog, but Gus likes her (and he pointed to Gus in the back with me). Neighbor Steve had no idea that we had Gus. He was shocked and said, "I didn't get the newsletter about it..." hahaha. Anyway, all was set right and it was really nice of him to be a grown-up and say he was sorry.


I'm about ready for bed. We're hoping to leave at 4:30 tomorrow... and it'll be here in 7 hours and 15 minutes. Gotta go catch as many winks as I can!!


Pray that Gus does well in the car and that it's not a twelve-hour drive from Hell.


>^..^<

1 comments:

will + adri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Praying you guys have a safe (and quiet) drive and are able to enjoy the time you have with your family and the experience of being with Gus' birth-family. Will be thinking about you guys!

Post a Comment