Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 74

Gus slept in this morning until 8! It was so nice to get as much sleep as possible since I didn't get to bed until after 11:30 due to staying up to watch The Bachelor and After the Final Rose. 

So let me begin by saying how so happy I was to see Brad pick Emily. It's who I wanted him to pick. However, I now feel bad for him. I don't know if she's really good enough for him. She was so distant and strange during the ATFR that it made my feelings for her change. I left Wendy's feeling a bit disappointed.

Wendy made peach cobbler for us to eat while watching the show and it was deeeeelicious!! That girl can make a mean cobbler! I love cherry cobbler and wonder if she can make that as good as a peach one. The only thing that could have made it better would have been some vanilla bean ice cream on top.

Anyway, so I came home and went to bed. Gus got up once around 5ish and Steve and I tag teamed it. I'm so thankful to have him there to help. He is such a good dad and even better husband. We're lucky to have him in our lives!!

After Gus got up, we played up here for a bit and then eventually went downstairs for breakfast.  I put Gus in one of his three St. Patrick's Day outfits and took some pictures. Here are a few of my favorites:
I swear he gets cuter by the second!!

While Gus napped I Photoshopped the pictures and then also worked on our adoption profile on our family website. Here's the link if you're curious: Walker Family Adoption Profile Page

I think it looks good. I'd appreciate anyone reading this to check it out and reply back with some feedback. I posted it on my BabyCenter Adoptive Families page and got some great feedback about adding more pictures and more information about who we are as a family. I'm hoping to have just the right amount of information. We're hoping to get our friends and family to forward our information to their friends and family with the hopes of somewhere making a connection again. We got so lucky with Gus... we're hoping there's another baby waiting for us out there somewhere!!

When Gus got up from his afternoon nap, we played up here for a while and then went downstairs to meet Wendy. She came over with the girls and we had dinner together. I made pork chops, rice-a-roni and veggies. Wendy bought an amazing red velvet cake and we had that for dessert. I DVRd Snow White for the girls and they loved it. :)  I've got Where the Wild Things Are set to record soon too... I haven't seen it yet, but I'm thinking that's one that we can all watch together.

I got my April and May books to read for Scholastic. I'm eager to read them both as they both are chapter books and seem really interesting.

Alrighty... I need to go write Gus's blog for the week!
See you tomorrow!!!
>^..^<

2 comments:

WendyandRyan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the first pic!!! His face is so cute!!

will + adri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the adoption profile page! I personally think it shows a good amount of photos (not sure if you already added additional pics), tells the story of your family, and projects your hopes for finding Gus a sibling. I think it's great!

BTW - I love all kinds of cobbler with vanilla bean ice cream. We are so having some next time we meet up!

Post a Comment