Friday, April 01, 2011

Day 91



Happy April!!! As they say...
 So this morning Gus slept until about 8:00 and then we went downstairs for breakfast. Our cleaning lady, Suzanne, came today, so we had to be ready for her at 9am. She's such a nice lady... I really enjoy talking to her when she comes.
Gus and I stayed downstairs and he played while I watched tv. I took a few pictures of him this morning:

When Suzanne came downstairs, I took Gus upstairs for his nap. This was around 11:00 or so. Well, he decided to sleep for almost two and a half hours! When he got up, we went to Wal-Mart to do our weekly grocery shopping. Today people were MUCH nicer than last week.

When we got home I put away the groceries and then fed Gus. He ate and ENTIRE container of vanilla yogurt with strawberry cereal and bananas. He LOVED it!!!

After feeding him, I watched the Jersey Shore reunion. It was okay... nothing fabulous. I also watched the show Mobbed on Fox (it came on after American Idol). It was super cute and I cried... I love marriage proposals and it was the best one that I've ever seen. So creative and sweet.

I got a text from Wendy this afternoon that said that Ryan was offered a job in Georgia. I flipped. Then she said that he was going to take it. My first thought was absolute shock. I honestly didn't know that he was looking for a job, and if he was going to go anywhere, I figured it'd be to Texas. So I flipped out and tried to call her, but she didn't answer her phone. So then I texted her and asked for details... 
Yeah... she TOTALLY got me!!! I was so relieved that she isn't moving away!!! I got really upset and even texted Steve about it... lol. Good 'ole Wendy and her shenanigans...

Steve got home around 5:00 and we decided to take Gus to get his first haircut. His hair was really long on top and on the sides... he had a bit of the Nutty Professor look going for a while. Here are the pictures from the occasion!
Gus and  Steve before the big moment...
















So let me just say that the lady that cut Gus's hair was a complete and total bitch. She pissed me off when we walked in and I had Gus's Sing-A-Ma-Jig to comfort him, and she told me to put it away because, "No toys..." Whatever. So I put it in my diaper bag and tried to shug off how abrupt she was with me. Then I was taking pictures (or trying to) and she told me to move and take them through the mirror. Um... no. I wasn't about to miss out of pictures of this milestone... 

We had asked her to cut a piece off and give it to us so we could put it in the "First Curl" container that was given to Gus as a gift when he was born. I fished the damn container out before we left, so I'd have it ready for the freshly cut hair. Um... no. She took the hair and taped it to a "First Haircut Certificate." Now don't get me wrong, the certificate is cute... but she didn't ask, she just did it. So that pissed me off.

So then I'm taking pictures and he started to cry, I tried to calm him and she told me to back off and take pictures. Are you effing kidding me? I looked at Steve and he knew I was pissed. She was absolutely horrible. I was two seconds from saying something. I think she knew I was pissed because I just stood there with a pissed look on my face, and she kept saying, "Just take pictures mom... he's fine..."  Whatever.

We got to the end of the haircut, which I have to say looks amazing, and she is holding Gus... and walks over to her treat container. This this if full of candy, suckers, and gum. She pulls out a sucker and says that she wants to give it to him. I said he was too little, and she says, "No... it's really important that he have the candy so he can connect good memories with getting his haircut and won't be afraid next time." OMG. I looked at Steve like I was going to say something, and he said, "Maybe we'll wait until the next appointment..." and she started in again, so I just said whatever. I was done and over it. So he had his first haircut and first sucker on the same day.

We got to the car and Steve knew I was pissed. I said she was a total bitch and he laughed. I will NOT be going back with him... when Gus gets his haircut, it can be a daddy and Gus deal... I won't go back and I sure as hell won't be letting her wax me (she does ladies hair and waxing as well as men). Steve LOVES going to her and she does an excellent job. Maybe it's the men she's around and she has no women people skills, but she is NOT a girls girl.

So... Gus's hair looks great. She really did do a great job and I do wish she wasn't such a nasty bitch, but she is what she is. Steve likes her and likes how direct and to the point that she is. I guess it flies with me, and as long as she does a good job, I don't really care. I don't have to have her do my hair.

Anyway... I'm going to bed.
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment