Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 177



About this time every Sunday I ask myself, "Where did the weekend go?" Seriously! Today was a good day though and while Gus did wake up at 6:30... he went back down for an hour and a half long nap at 11:00 and then was ready for another one at 2:00. Ahhhh... just like the old days. :)

Steve and Gus were playing on his iPad this morning... there's a few apps that Steve has that Gus absolutely loves. One is called "Baby Poppit" or something like that. There are colors that change and Gus has to pop these bubbles... he likes to play it a lot!



Then Steve put on his "There's A Monster At the End of this Book" app... and Gus loved it too!!



Today Steve ordered us Apple TV! I am so excited!! Kristen has this and it's so awesome. It plays all her music from her iTunes and has pictures as a background that make an awesome screensaver. I figure since we listen to music all day, it'd be nice to have it. Not only that, but I love looking at pictures of Gus!! Steve won an award and got money to spend at Amazon, so he used his award money on it.

This morning, we watched CBS Sunday Morning and there was a piece about banking and saving and whatnot and they had this electronic bank with three compartments. The bank was called the Zillionaire Bank and when I looked at it online, it had HORRIBLE reviews. I've been looking for something like this for Gus, because he'll be taking any money earned and splitting into three parts (spending, saving, and giving). It'll break down to 40% for spending, 35% for saving and 25% for giving. 

Anyway- I found this awesome bank by searching online... it's called the ABC Learning Bank and it was like $10! I had about that left in my Paypal account from last summer's income from C4, so I decided to buy it for Gus.

I talked to my mom today.  :)   She sounded SO MUCH BETTER!!! She said she was still in a lot of pain, but it was because they had just made her get up and walk around. She also was able to get up to use the bathroom (which is a very big deal). When I asked her about what she'd been eating, she said she had a piece of bacon for breakfast and ice cream for lunch. NOT enough food... so when I asked her why she wasn't eating, she said that none of it tasted good. So I asked her if my dad brought her food, would she eat it. She said she didn't know. I was able to get her to tell me that Wendy's sounded good... grilled chicken sandwich (no lettuce and extra pickle), fries and a Diet Coke. 

I immediately called my dad and told him about the conversation and he said that he could stop at Wendy's on his way to see her.  :)   I asked him to send me a picture of her with her Wendy's. He sent me one and when I asked if she ate it, he said, "She ate all of it." YAY!!

Then he sent me this one of her up and walking around:

I'm so proud of her for getting up. It's going to be hard, but I know the more she spends repairing her muscles, the sooner she'll feel back to 100%. She did say that her hip doesn't hurt anymore (YAY!!) but it's the muscles in her hip/leg that hurt. 

So, all in all, it was a good day. I'm glad she finally ate something substantial and that I could help facilitate it. She said that Scott and Christie and the kids were going to be going up to the hospital to see her today... so that made me happy. She had a roommate but she left, so she's by herself. I'd hate to be alone in the hospital. If I were in MI, I'd probably spend every day with her. And she said that she doesn't have cable because it's like $5 per day... I'd probably pay for her to have cable to watch too-- since she's stuck in a bed.

Anyway... see you tomorrow!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment