Saturday, July 02, 2011

Day 183

July 2nd, 2010


This morning I decided to use the new waffle maker. I was super excited to actually make waffles... and then Steve told me that he was going to run to the bank, the post office and to get his oil changed. :(   So I decided to make waffles for myself and Gus.

Dry ingredients

Separating the egg yolks and whites

The egg whites

Waffle goo

Hot, crispy, melt-in-your-mouth goodness!!

Seriously... Gus and I loved them!!!

Steve got back and I made him a waffle and he agreed that it was delicious. Gus played for a while this morning... he has figured out that he can stand on his dino-rider and can reach more toys in the pack-n-play that currently holds his toys.


After I moved the dino-rider... he and I played with some puzzles and then he decided to play with Elphie. He was trying to sit on her... it was actually really funny-- my pictures didn't do it justice!
Literally sitting on Elphie



Gus took a nap (for an hour) and then we had lunch. I decided to test my Fry Daddy and see how it worked. I DO like it... but I do NOT like the way it makes the house stink after using it. I made two cheese sticks... they were okay- no need to make them again. Then I made some fried pickles... again... not the best. And then some onion rings. They were okay... better than the other two. Lastly, I used it for making some fries and they were amazing. I'll probably only use it for fries next time. Here are some pictures:
Onion rings with sweet vidalia onions

Fried pickles

French Fries with sea salt

Tonight we headed to Fiesta Mexicana for dinner. It's the new Mexican restaurant by our Harris Teeter (like five minutes away). It has been in the works for a while (at least two months) and finally opened this weekend. I was hesitant to go with it just opening, but it wasn't too bad. The food was decent (not the best Mexican, but not the worst), there was no wait to get a table, and the prices were good. The service... that needs some work, but all things considering, it wasn't bad. We'll probably go back... not right away, but maybe in a few months or so.

We came home, had some ice cream and then watched a movie. I just got off the phone with my dad... they had some major storms pass through their way and a neighbor's tree went down, hit one of their cars in their driveway, and ripped out the power line that runs to their house. They are completely without power... and my mom just had major surgery. They've got no air... he's got a generator, but it's in the garage and he can't get to the garage due to the tree. I wish there was something I could do... there's nothing worse than being so far away that there's literally nothing I can do to help them.

Hopefully tomorrow they'll get a better idea of what the damage is. It all happened around 8 tonight and it was already getting dark. He said they'll have to get the tree removed, then the powerline reconnected and it'll take an electrician to do that. All that and it's a holiday weekend, so the absolute soonest that they'll have power is Wednesday.

Heavy sigh.

Anyway-- I'm off to bed. Sending them lots of prayers tonight.
>^..^<

1 comments:

will + adri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Boo hiss about your parents and the storm! That is scary. Hopefully power will be restored sooner rather than later. Maybe they better go to a hotel until then!

Next time you are making those waffles please call in for back up! I will be over in a heart beat! Looking amazing!

Post a Comment