Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 179


It's Tuesday... It has felt like a Monday all day. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, considering how much I hate Mondays.

This morning Gus got up around 3:45 and luckily, he went back down relatively soon-after. He then slept until about 8:30 which was glorious for me. :D

When Gus was up, we went downstairs and I decided to make strawberry muffins from a recipe that I found on Weelicious. I took pictures as I baked... here's the process:



Dry Ingredients
Wet Ingredients

The two mixed together

Fresh strawberries

Diced and ready to be added to the mix

Strawberry-Banana Goodness

In the oven and ready to bake

Perfection!
Yummm!!

Now that's a good-looking muffin!

Oodles of muffins!!

Totally easy-peasy and Gus loved them. They're not as sweet as I had hoped... but I didn't add any sugar (I used honey) so I'm sure that's part of the reason. They look beautiful though!!

After making these, I decided to look into getting some silicone baking cups. I want to make more muffins and other items that can be made in a cup, so I searched on Amazon to see what I could find. To my utter amazement and joy, I found the cups that I wanted AND I found a recipe book for cooking foods in a cup! AWESOME!!!
$6.99 for 12 of them!!


Here are some pictures of Gus that I took this morning. I figured, I already took some of the muffins, I might as well take some of Gus!!
 



The towel monster!!









Gus took his morning nap around 11:45 and was sleeping by noon. He slept for quite a while (almost two hours) and then we came downstairs for lunch. 
Enjoying some whipped cream and strawberries with lunch




After lunch, we headed over to Wendy's to hang out for a while. The kids watched Despicable Me while she and I talked. Gus was starting to show signs of being tired, so we headed home around 4ish and I put Gus down for a nap. He was asleep by 4:30 and actually slept for two hours!!

Steve got home and I made chicken stir-fry and he and I were able to eat dinner, have some ice cream and watch Intervention before Gus got up. It was incredible!!


My dad sent me a pictures of my mom from today.

Then I talked to my mom and she told me that she's doing well. Her PT guy, Bruno, said that he was impressed with her strength and that he didn't think it'd be as difficult to get her back in shape as it was last time. 

My mom told me that Christie came over with the kids tonight and that she brought them dinner. My mom was so tickled that she did that... I'm so happy to have Christie in our family- she's good people.  :)  She (Christie) sent me this picture of my dad and Charlie from today... so cute!!

Once Gus was up, he came down and played for a little bit and then had dinner. He took a bath tonight and then we put him to bed just after 8, and he's still in there making noise (it's 8:46). I hope he doesn't sleep too long tomorrow... we've got a park playdate at 9:30!!

See you tomorrow!!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment