Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 178



We had Pizza Hut for dinner... it made the whole day worth it.  :D

Gus slept through the night last night (hallelujah) and got up around 7:30 this morning. I went to bed quite late last night, so this morning was a little rough. We had some hashbrown casserole for breakfast and then played all morning.

Gus loves his ABC puzzle (the ABC pieces are in a separate bag)

And he LOVES his Duplo blocks...




Almost nap time...



I put Gus down for a nap at 11 and he fell right asleep. He slept for about an hour and then he was up. We headed to Harris Teeter for some odds-n-ends and then came home and had lunch. I had a sandwich and Gus had string cheese and yogurt.

We played all afternoon:



Playing with the magnet board


Playing inside a box


We had some really crazy storms pass through this afternoon and as a result, we lost power twice. It just flickered off and then came back on, but it was enough to startle Gus. I'm glad it only went off for a few seconds- it could have been really bad.

I put Gus down for an afternoon nap at 4:00 and again, he went down without a fight. He only slept for about 50 minutes, but it's better than no nap!! Steve brought us some Pizza Hut for dinner ($5 pizza) and we were able to enjoy dinner in perfect silence... until Gus woke up.  :)

After dinner, Steve and Gus read together, which I thought was super cute:


Gulbike came tonight for tutoring and we spent the hour on the computer looking at websites that offer games for middle schoolers (math, science, social studies, and language arts). I made a list of the sites and emailed it to her. We looked at the Apex Middle website, printed their supply list for 6th graders and then talked about middle school for a few minutes. We looked at the different teams and she decided that she wanted to be a Jaguar. She has no idea if that's the above, average or below group... she just liked the name and didn't want to be an anaconda. :)  Maybe they should rethink their team names...

I talked to my mom this afternoon and she was able to talk to Gus. It was super cute. He's so chatty... granted you can't understand a damn thing that he's saying, but he yammers on and on as if you can. My mom told me that she was going to be discharged today! She said my dad was on his way to the hospital to get her. 

Now... yesterday she told me that she didn't have cable because it was $5 a day. In my blog yesterday, I said that I would have paid the $5 for her to have cable, since she's stuck in a bed and can't do much less besides watch television. WELL... turns out, (thanks to my dad letting me know) she DOES have cable. It's just not the movie channels (HBO, etc). So... miscommunication-- she did have cable. :)

Then my dad called to let me know that he was on his way to the hospital to take my mom home. I talked to him for a little bit and he said he'd send me a picture of her once she's home. He set up the bed in the livingroom so that it'll be easier for her in-home physical therapist Bruno to help her. She can also watch tv all night if she wants. I think it's awesome that she's got the bed in the livingroom and can be comfortable when people come to visit.

Here's a picture of her in her bed:
Waving hello... how cute is she?

On another note... we recently got some info that we've been sitting on (so-to-speak) and while nothing is at the stage where it can/will/should/could be shared... I ask that you keep us in your prayers as we make ourselves available for adopting another baby. Just pray that the right things unfold as they're meant to, that we remain open and patient, and that God's will be done.  :)

We've got a playdate at the park on Wednesday that should be fun... and then we're having a playdate with Kristen and Grace this week too. I can't wait to hear about her vacation to Myrtle Beach and all the fun they had. Our Apple TV should be coming Wednesday, and hopefully if there are any issues, she can help us (though she said she knows nothing about technology).

We don't have anything planned for tomorrow. Did you know that a week from today is the 4th of July??? Crazy!!! I was reading that the Holly Springs fireworks are on the 5th (Tuesday) and you can see them really well from the Wal-Mart parking lot... maybe we'll drive over and watch them on Tuesday. We'll see.

See you tomorrow!!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment