Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 204 (Saturday)


July 23, 2010

July 23, 2011

I couldn't post this yesterday because my computer decided that once I turned it off, it didn't want to come back on. I tried several times throughout the day to get it to come back on, but I wasn't able. Steve finally got it to come back on at 10:00 last night... and I was already ready for bed.

Yesterday we got up and Steve and I made breakfast. I made the waffles and he made the bacon and sausage. After everyone had breakfast, we headed off to the Holly Springs Farmers Market. 

IT
WAS
HOT


We were able to get the hamburger patties from Wilkerson Farms and then we also got some corn on the cob, lettuce, tomato, and a melon. Due to the heat, there were fewer merchants and the market closed at 12 instead of at 1. The beach music was replaced by a sorry-sounding group of older people playing their clarinets and flutes.

We got home and I took a few pictures of Gus and his tractor...


Steve and I left Gus with Grandma and Grandpa and we headed off to a 12:50 movie! We went to see the final Harry Potter movie. I have an app on my phone that allows me to have free popcorn from Regal (the guy at the concession stand said that no one uses the free popcorn from Yahoo! Movies... but he said I can just keep reusing it again and again and it'll never expire-- BONUS!). We also got a large drink to share and we headed in to the theater. 

It's been FOREVER since we went to the movies. We used to go at least twice a month- BG (Before Gus) and now it's rare if we get the opportunity. The movie was EXCELLENT! It was exactly as I hoped it would be, and there were a few parts that looked identical to how I pictured it in my head when I read it. I shed some tears... but I have to say that I cried more when I read it than when I watched it. Especially the part when Harry faces Voldemort and all his peeps are surrounding him... I won't go into details and ruin it for anyone, but in the book it was such a powerful, emotional, complex part. 

Anyway- the movie was great. I do wish that the "19 years later..." part would have been omitted from the movie and been something special that the readers of the book got to enjoy. The movie didn't really do that part justice anyway.

I do wish that Rowling would do another set of books to take place over the 19 year gap that we know exists. Hmmmm... anyway, after seeing the last movie, I want to re-read the series, but not sure if I'll get to it.

We got home, hung out and then Gus woke up. I took some pictures of him with his grandparents and then started dinner while Steve worked on finishing the floor. 

Gus and Grandpa Walker


Gus and Gilbert (AKA Ugly Bear)

So... this is the filter that was on my camera lens. I'm not sure what happened... but I'm guessing that my camera bag was dropped at some time. THANK GOD I had a filter on my lens (I just reordered a new one from Amazon this morning)!! The entire filter was cracked and had I NOT had it on my lens... I'd have to replace the whole lens ($$$). Instead, not only did I just have to twist it off... but it's only $5 to replace. For all friends with a DSLR camera... be sure to get filters on your lenses!! Not only does it protect in cases like this, but it also protects against fingerprints and scratches!




Helping daddy with the dishes

Helping daddy with the floor







Crawling UNDER the slide



I made my skillet corn with the fresh corn on the cob from the FM, and then I also made homemade french fries in the Fry Daddy... they were delicious! Steve grilled the burgers and in the middle of him grilling, it started to seriously downpour!!! Our dinner was so yummy!!!

Here are some pictures from a year ago:
Unhappy boy

Awwwww

Gus and Grandpa Walker

Gus and Grandma Walker

Gus and his new t-shirt

It's awesome that a year ago, Gus was visiting with his grandparents. I'm so thankful that we have parents that come to see us and more importantly, come to see Gus. It's nice that even though we live 9-12 hours away from "home," we still have them come see us every 2-3 months. We are getting more and more excited to head north next month.

See you later today for my Sunday post!!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment